Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexus275
Level 7

I lost my roku TV remote

Jump to solution

Can’t find my roku remote and my roku tv is not connected to the internet. Can I use the roku app and connect that remote

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I lost my roku remote

Jump to solution

@alexus275 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Not without the roku being set to the same internet network and password as the cellphone, no. You need a real remote to set that up. You can buy Voice remote from walmart $19.88 or best buy $29.99, works on all roku tv's once paired. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

If the Roku is already set up on your home net and functioning then the remote control function on the Roku app on your phone can be used as long as it is connecting to the same network.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@alexus275 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jasahoonie
Level 7

lost roku TV remote

Jump to solution

i was moving and lost my remote. i’m trying to work my tv from the app but it won’t work bc my tv isn’t connected to my new wifi. do i have to buy a new remote? how do i fix this?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: lost roku remote

Jump to solution

Sorry but yes you will need a real remote initially to set up your internet before you can use the cellphone app. You can get a roku voice remote from walmart or best buy. Walmart has a great universal remote the one-for-all urc-7935 streamer. Works well with roku tv's. P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jasahoonie 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify what Roku device or if you have a Roku TV that you no longer have the remote for? With more information, we will be able to recommend you the appropriate replacement remote.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jasahoonie
Level 7

Jump to solution

i have a hisense roku tv 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jasahoonie 

Thanks for the information.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rgbutton
Level 7

Re: I lost my roku TV remote

Jump to solution

I lost my Roku TV Remote in my couch.
I simply downloaded the “Roku Official TV Remote” app onto my iPhone and it easily found my Living Room TV as a ‘nearby device.’
Having the app on my phone is actually a lot more convenient than (yet another) physical remote.

0 Kudos