Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacklt1

I just want to use my roku tv as a simple cable connected tv

I just set up my Roku tv.  I just want to turn it on and access my cable box that is attached.  Now I have to use the roku remote to click the box and then ok to get to cable.  After doing this I can use that cable box remote.  How can I turn on the tv and be on the last cable station I was using rather than having to use both remotes to get to my cable station?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: I just want to use my roku tv as a simple cable connected tv

That’s not how a Roku TV works. It’s a streaming TV first and foremost. I own 3 TCL Roku TV’s. But I use YouTube TV. I dumped cable TV years ago. A Roku TV isn’t like a normal TV. 

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Go into settings, power, power on.

Set it to HDMI input the cable box is attached to.  Set up cable box remote to turn on TV and control volume.  When you power on TV with cable remote it will go to cable box.  Depending on cable box it may not be on last channel but you will not need the Roku remote.  I set up for 95 year old friend.  Works perfect.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Power is under system on some Roku Tv

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

0 Kudos