Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I forgot to factory reset my TCL Roku Tv before I sold it

Jump to solution

I recently sold one of my TCL tvs. After I sold it, I realized that I forgot to factory reset the TV. I was able to unlink the tv with my roku account, but is there anything else that I can do. I read that I will still be billed for subscriptions even after I unlink. I want to be able to continue using my roku account and its subscriptions on my other devices, but I do not want the tv I recently sold to access any of my information. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I forgot to factory reset my TCL Roku Tv before I sold it

Jump to solution

@az1 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed the Roku TV from your Roku account, then that's all you need to do. The Roku TV will no longer have access to you Roku account information. The new user will need to sign into their Roku account when using the TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I forgot to factory reset my TCL Roku Tv before I sold it

Jump to solution

@az1 

Thanks for the post.

If you removed the Roku TV from your Roku account, then that's all you need to do. The Roku TV will no longer have access to you Roku account information. The new user will need to sign into their Roku account when using the TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos