Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I don't want to activate my TV

So, I can't email Roku, or even talk to some kinda person, but I do want to make clear that the whole having to setup a tv and sign in and make an account is just way not cool. I get SaaS, but Hardware as well? Man I just want a TV i can plug in and freaking use my devices without having to make an account. There's no point to this post, other than just letting Roku know, this is like the worst experience I've ever had with a TV. Just saying. I've never had to "activate" a TV before. That's stupid. Like, whoever thought of that needs to be fired. Okay done.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Never buying a roku again, nor recommending them

Totally agree!!!! Saw tech on The List Tv who raved about Roku...right! For someone who's a tech, maybe. Have spent DAYS. WEEKS on Community looking for answers, and every single one posted has sam issues with no answers...losing signal, weak signal, etc.  Tried to find info on even getting an extender...agan, nothing but complaints because can't get help. I want to go to the store with a bunch of printed stickers and put on every Roku box...DON'T BUY!!! Unfortunately, most buy online, so they are SOL...

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Natmc @PamPhillips

Thanks for the post.

Is there a specific issue that you need assistance with? With more information we will be able to provide troubleshooting steps for.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Thank you I am also one that will never purchase a Roku TV ever again. 5 tech help request all ignored over 6 months. Bad netflix on Roku. TCL did onsite repair still ROKU not working worth a **bleep**. can't get 4k on Roku. Have to use Firestick or XBOX to get 4k on this device.

Highlighted
Level 9

Do not worry if you got the TCL 6 series with onboard Roku you wont get 4k anyway. you will need another input such as a Firestick or game console to get true 4k.  Roku software bottlenecks the Apps to the TV hardware thus you are unable to get the bandwidth to get a 4K resolution.

Highlighted
Level 7

Same here.   The lip sync never is correct no matter how much time I waste trying to fix it. None of the solutions have worked for me at all.  There is a delay between the sound and the speakers lips.  Also, when you first turn on the tv, you have blips.  So you have to turn it off and on again to get this blip action deleted.  I had a Samsung previously and should have bought another one. This TV is junk.

0 Kudos