Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vampy78-
Reel Rookie

I can't connect to TV and it's not connected

Ok so I lost my remote and I downloaded the app. I tried to do the connect wifi to TV with remote trick but my TV won't connect to the wifi and I'm stuck. It won't latch on to my hotspot and I tried unplugging it multiple times but I still won't connect automatically. I can't connect with ip address cause it's not on the back of the TV 🙄. And I can't ubs tether.. and my remote on the phones won't connect to it either so I'm stuck...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TR06

Re: I can't connect to TV and it's not connected

Same here 😭😭😭 did you ever get it to work 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You have to have a real remote initially to use the cellphone app, it won't work until the cellphone and Roku are on the same internet.  

Do you have any old universal remotes laying around? A DirecTV or cable remote? Roku tv use a very old code set so there are very old  remotes that can control modern Roku tvs. Name them I may come up with code for them? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vampy78-
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately I had to buy a new remote which is what I didn't want to do sense I'm now short on cash 🙃 

0 Kudos