Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL R635 VRR screen flashing at 120hz

@Simplejoyz @Coneyparleg @Skril 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@Coneyparleg heads-up update 11.5 just came out and this issue now finally resolved. 

You do have to put your PS5 in 1080p mode to use VRR 120hz otherwise it'll go to 1440p which PS5 doesn't support VRR in yet but other than that this issue is entirely fixed from the TV's side, no more flickering.

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Mine keeps saying it's up to date (stuck at 11.0) and is not finding the 11.5 update when I do check now for software updates. Is there another way to force the update?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Coneyparleg

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that OS 11.5 is being released over the coming months.

For more information about OS 11.5, visit the Roku blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Do you know when this update will be rolled out in different regions? Should I be concerned if I'm still not seeing an update? 

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R The latest [beta] firmware on the PS5 added VRR support for 1440p. However, the update has reintroduced the flashing screen issue for 120hz - now when it is at 1440p with VRR. Roku had previously resolved this issue for 120hz at 1080p with the ps5 with OS 11.5. Please confirm the new flashing issue will be resolved with another Roku firmware update.

FearTheClown
Streaming Star

I can also confirm this issue has indeed cropped up at 1440p now that the PS5 supports vrr at that resolution.

The issue does still remain resolved at 1080p fortunately.

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

I know this an old thread and it's been nearly a year since I posted but for references purposes I can say my issues with VRR on an nvidia card and this TV are now fixed. I am on software update 12.0 and I haven't bothered testing it since last year but today I retested it extensively just for kicks and now have no issues. VRR works at 1440p 120hz with no line issue and now intermittent flashing or signal loss. The TV now works like I expected it to 3 years ago! At least they fixed it eventually and didn't abandon updates to this TV--kudos to the TCL/Roku team.

0 Kudos