Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thejke

Re: I can no longer enable Gsync/VRR on my PC after the latest update "4201-88"

I am also having this same issue. G-sync is no longer an option in the nVidia control panel.

Device model number: 55R625

Serial Number: X003004GK61X

Device ID: S054Y01GK61X

Software Version: 10.5.0 build 4210-88

This isn't something that comes and goes, it is just a constant inability to turn on g-sync, so I don't think the tracker ID would be helpful. It is just not available at any time so there are no steps to reproduce the issue.

I have gone into the input settings on the TV and made sure that VRR is set to on for the computer HDMI input.

I used to be able to open the nvidia control panel to turn g-sync on, but now the tab that has the g-sync options in the control panel is completely absent.

0 Kudos
Skril
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R 

Roku TV A109X

TCL Model 55R625

Serial X00300J9GHV7

Software verison 10.5.0 build 4210-88

There is no need for a tracker ID when this issue occurs, as it is constant

Reproduce:

Connect the TV through HDMI to my Nvidia 3070 card ( have tried all HDMI out ports on the TV)

Open Nvida control panel

On the left side there is a "Task" list with several control panel options. The Gsync option is no longer there

Before the Roku update in November (the 10.5.0 Roku update) the Gsync option was there in the Nvidia control panel, and Gsync worked great on this TV. Since the November 10.5.0 update this option is no longer there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Skril

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

TCL R635 VRR screen flashing at 120hz

Experiencing an issue when using my TCL R635 in 120hz mode with VRR enabled where the screen flashes black every few seconds. This is connected to a PS5 running in 1080p mode. Once VRR is off the issue goes away and then immediately returns. The issue is not present when running in 60hz mode. The issue occurs even when the VRR is not actively altering the tv refresh rate for instance on the PS5 home screen. Basic troubleshooting steps have 0 effect:

- power cycling & leaving unplugged for a period of time

- checking HDMI cable and replacing it

- HDR on vs off

- Local Dimming off

- Changing input name to Computer

- Game Mode on vs off

Issue Report Tracker:

Model: A115X - Roku TV

Serial #: X0030076M9P7 (S05GY0D6M9P7)

Software version: 11.0.0 build 5004-88

Timestamp: 2022-05-01T00:41:30Z

Issue ID P7-172-841

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: TCL R635 VRR screen flashing at 120hz

Your best bet is to ask TCL support since they manufactured your TV. 

FearTheClown
Streaming Star

I have sent the inquiry to them as well.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FearTheClown

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

This has been an issue since the tv launched. Same exact behavior on PC—vrr is fine at 60 hz but flickers (severe gamma shift) every few (20-40?) seconds. I went through the whole process of submitting a ticket and quite a bit of back and forth emails and it never got fixed. Hoping with the higher adoption of the PS5–c/w nvidia 30 series users hooked up to this tv—they will finally get round to fixing it. 

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

I can confirm that this same thing is happening with me and my PS5. 

Skril
Streaming Star

After latest update Gsync now appears again but doesn't put the TV into VRR when enabled

After the latest update on my 55R625 the Gsync option appeared again in my Nvidia control panel (I have the TV hooked up through HDMI to my 3070 on my PC)

However, when I enable it and press apply, the TV goes black for 2 seconds then comes back on, but when pressing the "OK" button to see what modes are enabled on the TV, VRR is not enabled.

Gsync/VRR worked great on my PC after the VRR update a year ago, then six months ago an update came out that made the Gsync option disappear from the Nvidia control panel when hooked to the TV.

Is there any way to get Gsync/VRR to work correctly now using an Nvidia card on this TV?

As a side note, I used the same cable and HDMI input on the TV to connect my PS5, and VRR works fine on the PS5. So it is not a cable or HDMI port issue.

0 Kudos