Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chwekka
Level 7

I bought the TV but a friend started to do it in his email and name how do I delete him

Jump to solution

I bought the TV but a friend started to do it in his email and name how do I delete him

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I bought the TV but a friend started to do it in his email and name how do I delete him

Jump to solution

If the TV has been linked to another Roku user, you have to perform a factory reset and set it up on your account as a new device. All existing information on the TV will be wiped, and you will start out as if it just came out of the box.

There's a Settings menu option to perform a factory reset, or you can locate the recessed reset button somewhere on the back of the set and hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds (not one second less) to initiate the reset.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I bought the TV but a friend started to do it in his email and name how do I delete him

Jump to solution

If the TV has been linked to another Roku user, you have to perform a factory reset and set it up on your account as a new device. All existing information on the TV will be wiped, and you will start out as if it just came out of the box.

There's a Settings menu option to perform a factory reset, or you can locate the recessed reset button somewhere on the back of the set and hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds (not one second less) to initiate the reset.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos