Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeS
Level 8

I bought a new Roku TV and the remote that came with it will not connect.

Jump to solution

So with the Roku TV I bought it came with a a regular remote(not enhanced). But when the TV starts up where it wants me to pick a language my remote will not work, i bought new batteries and have tried to but the batteries in many different ways but it still wont work. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I bought a new Roku TV and the remote that came with it will not connect.

Jump to solution

@GabeS 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

So it is an IR remote, it needs a line-of-sight to the roku tv, is there anything in the front of the tv that might block the remote signal? You can check to see if the remote is emitting a signal by looking through the cellphone camera as you press a key, if you see a flash for each button push the remote is working, no flash bad remote. 

Edmund
GabeS
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried the cellphone camera thing like you suggested and there was no red light so i assume it’s a bad remote can i take it back to get a new one?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

To the store? I would. Roku will have you get in touch with tv manufacturer, Roku only supplies OS for the tv. If its so new I'm sure the store will accomodate you with exchange. 

Edmund
GabeS
Level 8

I bought it at a walmart doss that matter.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Return

Jump to solution

It shouldn't, if still have receipt. 

Edmund
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@GabeS 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos