Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I am now receiving no OTA signal

I bought a TCL 55 just this past week.  I have set up the OTA channels and they were coming in great with great signal.  Every channel was at least 4 bars.  Lat night, Every channel is showing zero signal and I mean zero signal.  I have tried other antennas and they are also at zero signal.  When I say zero I mean there are no lighted up signal bar and the antenna dish showing signal is not lit up.  I am close to returning this TV but wanted to ask if there were anyone else who has experienced this and had a couple of tricks to try before I do.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: I am now receiving no OTA signal

@RevLTHayes wrote:

I bought a TCL 55 just this past week.  I have set up the OTA channels and they were coming in great with great signal.  Every channel was at least 4 bars.  Lat night, Every channel is showing zero signal and I mean zero signal.  I have tried other antennas and they are also at zero signal.  When I say zero I mean there are no lighted up signal bar and the antenna dish showing signal is not lit up.  I am close to returning this TV but wanted to ask if there were anyone else who has experienced this and had a couple of tricks to try before I do.  

You didn't say, but did you try rescanning the channels? In the US we are going through the FCC's channel repack, and many stations are changing their broadcast frequency. Usually a specific area are all changing at the same time, so it's possible that they have all changed to their new frequency.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did not try that but what I did try was to do a restart of the TV from the settings section.  Now it is locked in an endless cycle of reboot.  I have unplugged for several hours, clicked the TV reset button for about 30 seconds, and taken the batteries out of the remote.  I am all out of ideas so any other ideas are welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@RevLTHayes wrote:

I did not try that but what I did try was to do a restart of the TV from the settings section.  Now it is locked in an endless cycle of reboot.  I have unplugged for several hours, clicked the TV reset button for about 30 seconds, and taken the batteries out of the remote.  I am all out of ideas so any other ideas are welcome.

Really sorry to hear that. For the reboot cycle, I first ask if you have a USB drive inserted for any reason. If so, remove it. If not, then a hard reset is my only other suggestion. It sounds like you found the reset button, but it must be held in for an absolute minimum of 30 seconds, and not one second less. Ignore anything happening on the screen while you're holding the button, and keep it depressed. I hate recommending that, since you have to set all your channels back up, but once that reboot cycle gets going, I don't know of anything else that might break it. Like I said, a USB drive or SD card (if you have such a slot) inserted can cause that to happen for some reason as well. But that's about it. 

Since it's the weekend, it will likely be Monday before @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD can try to help. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have already tried that and the TV is still in the endless loop.  Except for the power cord, nothing else is plugged into it.  

0 Kudos