Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackie0460

Hulu on roku 4 (the 4k roku)

Just got a message saying I need to buy a new roku to use hulu. So very odd as this roku is on 11.5 software and its only 4 or 5yrs old. Anyone else getting this issue?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu on roku 4 (the 4k roku)

The Roku 4 (model 4400) is now a "legacy model".  It will no longer receive any updates, so Hulu has decided to no longer support it.  It won't receive the update to v12.  Check your offers for a deal on a new Roku.

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/
https://my.roku.com/offers

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Amayhugh

Yes mine too! 😖

0 Kudos
kdfelge65

I also got that message 

0 Kudos
Nomorerocu

**bleep** roku. Time for something new.

0 Kudos
Nomorerocu

They just emp'd my main TV too.

0 Kudos
Nomorerocu

SCAM!!! ROKU IS FORCING US TO BUY AGAIN. THEY JUST DROPPED MY 4400 AND ALSO MY 2 YEAR OLD TV.

0 Kudos
Bkoborg

I’m so made because I was cleaning out all the accounts connected to my Hulu (there was 46 devices from 2015.  I accidentally deleted mine in my room and now I can’t watch Hulu in my room because I can’t register my tv because my Roku 4 is outdated.  #roku4

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.