Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shortyh21
Level 7

Hulu app on Roku TV will not open

Hello,

Recently in the past several days, when I have tried to open the Hulu app it will display the title screen and then close completely back to Roku TV main menu. I have tried to delete the app and start it again, and that didn't work. I cannot access any aspect of the app, it just kicks me back out to the Roku TV main menu.

2 REPLIES 2\
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: Hulu app on Roku TV will not open

I would try settings>system>power>system restart. Especially if "fast tv start" is enabled in that same menu. The Hulu app could have been updated, and something stuck in memory. System restart won't lose your settings like a factory reset. But, if that doesn't work, you might have to try a factory reset (in the system>advanced menu).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu app on Roku TV will not open

@Shortyh21 

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your TV before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos