Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBL
Level 7

How to stop Roku TV from turning on receiver?

I have a TCL 55R617 TV hooked up to a Denon AVR-1150 receiver with HDMI/ARC and there's no combination of settings that will allow me to use the AVR with ARC or System Audio Control  without having it turn on automatically. With my old Samsung plasma, I could turn on the tv and the receiver would remain off until I switched it on manually, but with the TCL the receiver comes on everytime. The TV should detect whether the receiver is on and have an option to turn it on or leave it off and use the TV speakers instead.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: How to stop Roku TV from turning on receiver?

I know with my Samsung TV I can't have ARC unless AnyNet+ (CEC) is enabled. Looking at my Sharp Roku TV, under the System/Control Other Devices menu, I would expect that un-checking 1-Touch play would stop it from powering up an AVR. I don't have an AVR hooked to this TV, so can't verify. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
JBL
Level 7

1-Touch play is for switching the TV to another input when that input is activated. That works fine as I have an Android media player hooked up through the AVR and the TV switches over as it should. I wish the TV would switch back to the home screen when the other input is switched off however, instead of staying on the AVR input. I did try optical out, turning off the ARC and Audio control but the TV and AVR both play at the same time. TV can be muted but it's annoying to have to use two remotes. It would be more convenient to be able to set a switch telling the TV to NOT turn the AVR on at startup and use the TV speakers until the AVR is turned on manually.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

1 Touch Play is more than that. If it's turned off I can't control my AVR volume with the Roku remote. So it's really the main CEC control. If turning that off doesn't do what you need, I have no other suggestion. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos