Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randatlas
Streaming Star

How to search for a particular movie in a channel?

Jump to solution

How can I find a particular movie in a channel that I know it exists? I am on an Android tablet. I know the title of the movie and the channel it is on. When I do a search for the movie on the Roku website, I do get a result but there is nothing to click on to take me to the right place.

This is driving me crazy. It should be simple but I can't find a way to do this. The Roku website seems to be of no help; I get stuck in an endless loop. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
randatlas
Streaming Star

Re: How to search for a particular movie in a channel?

Jump to solution

Update:
I went to the Tubi TV website and saw that they have an app. So I downloaded it, installed it, opened it and there was a search feature. Finally. So I searched and found the movie I wanted to watch. I am all set now.

I don't know why my previous reply didn't post but it doesn't matter now. Please consider this thread to be closed. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Roku website has nothing to do with movie title searching. You do movie title searching through your Roku device itself or through the Roku channel . But it’s best to use something like JustWatch.com. It will tell you what services are airing the movie. Free and paid. So let’s take Jaws for example. If I look up Jaws on JustWatch it tells me that it’s not available for free but I can rent it on AppleTV, Amazon, YouTube, Vudu and Redbox. So you download one of those channels to your Roku and watch it. Now the other thing is are you talking about searching the Roku channel? The Roku channel isn’t the same thing as the Roku website. If you are using the Roku Channel website it’s the same thing as JustWatch. You type in the movie your looking for and it will show you a list of services that are airing that movie. It’s that easy 

0 Kudos
randatlas
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about searching the Roku channel. I know that the movie is available to watch for free on Tubi TV but I don't see a search option in Tubi TV. I see thumbnails of other movies such as recently added, action, etc. The way I found out that the movie is on Tubi TV was from doing a search on the Roku website. I am familiar with the Roku channel. Thanks anyway. It sounds like I will have to stop trying to search for the movie using my tablet and use the Roku stick that' connected to our TV.

0 Kudos
randatlas
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update:
I went to the Tubi TV website and saw that they have an app. So I downloaded it, installed it, opened it and there was a search feature. Finally. So I searched and found the movie I wanted to watch. I am all set now.

I don't know why my previous reply didn't post but it doesn't matter now. Please consider this thread to be closed. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@randatlas  Downloading Tubi will only show you movies on available on Tubi.

0 Kudos
randatlas
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to do, and I did it.

Thanks anyway.

@Ello2022 wrote:

@randatlas  Downloading Tubi will only show you movies on available on Tubi.

0 Kudos