Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove ads from my Roku TV

I asked them how to remove ads from my Roku TV and no one helped. They completely ignored my issue and directed me here. If anyone has any idea how to get rid of ads on Roku TV homepage, please let me know. Thanks. #Customerservice #ads

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to remove ads from my Roku TV

@Anonymous-

Roku derives income from displaying those home page ads.  Did you seriously expect them to tell you how not to display them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to remove ads from my Roku TV

@Anonymous 

There are four major platforms: Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android/Google TV.

All advertise content in one way or another. Amazon's Fire TV interface has the most separate ads. Android/Google TV has the next most ads in the interface, followed by Roku. Apple TV has the fewest (none), however, Apple TV does as Amazon and Android/Google do with highlighting content within other content listings. It's more subtle, but it's advertising their content. Roku doesn't. Ads for content/apps are easily identifiable as such.

Now, within the content itself, you'll find ads on many free services. That's the way those free services -- Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Xumo, Tubi, Redbox, IMDB, and all the others -- make money. This is true regardless of platform. Turning off the ads is a violation of the Terms of Service to which you agreed.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos