Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wahoo
Level 8

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Catcloud wrote:

Do I need to mirror my phone and TV?

As far as I understand - if you want to use a bluetooth headset you need to have the Roku app on your phone use the phone as a remote and there is an option to use a headset on / with the phone. If you want to send media to the tv from your phone then you would want to mirror your phone.

0 Kudos
Catcloud
Level 8

Jump to solution

I figured it out, but the remote is almost useless.  keeps disconnecting and then saying the tv is in eco mode and it has to power it on (while the tv is on and playing netflix), and then there's the spinning circle and nothing happens.  This has to be the least smart of any smart devices I own. Really disappointing for something so incredibly basic. 

lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

How well it works is up to your wifi connection.  Mine works reasonably well with a TCL TV but I had to move the wifi channels to ones with the least conflict with neighbors and found that it worked best with the TV on a 5Ghz channel and my phone on a 2.4Ghz.    That might not be necessary if you had one of the newer routers that can communicate with multiple devices at once (mu-mimo).

0 Kudos
urRok
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

I bought a bluetooth transmitter.  Avantree.  Use the optical cable, in optical mode and there's no lag.  You can go cheaper but consider line of site when you buy the device.  It works perfectly for wireless headphones. Well, almost.  Sometimes I have to reposition the antenna.  There is a simple one touch button for reconnecting from the transmitter box.  I already had it for my 10 year old Sony which predated wide spread use of blue tooth.

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

This is the tv I have.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Add a bluetooth transmitter to the audio out port of your Roku TV, and then attach to the bluetooth transmitter. That's how I attach wireless devices to it. Adding a bluetooth dongle to the USB port might work, too. 

0 Kudos
Catcloud
Level 8

Jump to solution

So that transmitter costs around $80.  Not a great financial solution, but thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
bjones10
Level 7

Jump to solution

They are half that.... And in a few weeks you might be able to pick one up on a black Friday deal and save even more money.....

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01KO1JNCA/ref=sr_1_3?c...

0 Kudos
squinney
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is ridiculous, I agree. Can not even listen with my headphones. I love the Roku TV but this issue is a big turn off for me.

Catcloud
Level 8

Jump to solution

oh yay, you found one for less, which is still $ I shouldn't have to pay.  So excited.

0 Kudos