Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjones10
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV?

Jump to solution

The point being, you DO HAVE an option for what you want to do. AND it's a cheap option..... Not sure why you're so irreparably damaged by this. It's chump change compared to what you would pay for a similar TV and Roku device, or TV with the capability you want. In short, You're just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.

0 Kudos
teresarader
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

i do have roku speakers hooked to my roku tv now im trying to pair a bluetooth to it

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

You should be able to send bluetooth audio from other devices - at least with certain speakers: https://support.roku.com/article/360011612733

0 Kudos
CarArt
Level 8

Jump to solution

I believe waaaaay back when(X# of yrs)... many of these post were talking about, asking for help listening to a Roku TV with bluetooth headsets/earbuds and the problem was, and remains the sound is out of sync. Attaching a bluetooth transmitter, as far as I've seen(mine doesn't work) is yet not possible and be in sync with a second or so delay in the dialog. Not just audio, but audio synced with the video streaming. Roku has yet to provide any answer.

You got one? Roku?

Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes, that's the issue, and it goes back to the last firmware upgrade Roku made to Roku TVs. External bluetooth transmitters do not work without a noticeable delay. These TVs could connect to non-Roku brand devices before the firmware upgrade. Since these were TVs I bought with that functionality, and specifically for that functionality, I consider this to be a breach of the TCL warranty, but of course, TCL and Roku won't honor it, and as someone, said, they are playing dumb about the issue.

Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

Incorrect. Bluetooth adapters will not work without introducing latency. The sound will be out of synch with the picture. 

lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

@CarArt wrote:

I believe waaaaay back when(X# of yrs)... many of these post were talking about, asking for help listening to a Roku TV with bluetooth headsets/earbuds and the problem was, and remains the sound is out of sync. Attaching a bluetooth transmitter, as far as I've seen(mine doesn't work) is yet not possible and be in sync with a second or so delay in the dialog. Not just audio, but audio synced with the video streaming. Roku has yet to provide any answer.

You got one? Roku?

I think I've seem some other posts about the optical out sometimes being out of sync even when directly connected to a receiver.   One thing to try is to power-cycle the TV (pull the plug, not just a software reset).  Sometimes this will clear some buffers or something that otherwise keep it out of sync once it gets that way.   I have a similar problem with my Sony TV if I use internal apps and then go back to the cable box, although with it I have found that switching to some other HDMI input and back will also clear it.

0 Kudos
cjg2877
Level 7

Jump to solution

Proprietary devices are so 90's, get with the times! I hate this feature about TCL TV's . I personally would not buy another one, due to this inconvenience. 

0 Kudos
Cooltaj123
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku private listening mode has a huge lag. I want to use my lg sound bar, not get a stupid roku sound bar just for my tv! What is going on? Why can't they open this open. It is clear that roku sound bar can connect wirelessly via bluetooth but not any other device? This is a la3suit waiting to happen

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

Private listening lag depends on your wifi quality.   Mine is much better after tweaking the wifi channels to have the least interference with neighbors and putting the TV on a 5Ghz channel with the phone on 2.4Ghz.  If you have one of the new fancy mimo-mu routers, that might not matter so much.

0 Kudos