Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJSS
Level 10

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have series 4 55" I also got in 2019 from costco.  Had a 43" also but returned it.  I wonder if series 4 ever had bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm pretty sure the Series 4 was able to connect to BT devices.

0 Kudos
bjones10
Level 7

Jump to solution

Not missing your point at all, just think it's pointless to continue to moan about it.... Especially when Roku has addressed your issue specifically and given you their suggested solution, an app on your cellphone. Add to that the fact that there is also an aftermarket solution if you don't want to use your cellphone, and the fact that it's cheap, and this has essentially become a thread of b*tching for the sake of b*tching. Even if you bought the aftermarket adapter the price of both the TV and adapter would be cheaper than just about any other brand. So that nixes a monetary argument as well. Some people just want to have something to be angry about.....smh

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

I think he is saying that he would of never bought the tv if he knew this would eventually happen.

And I have yet to find an adapter with 100% positive reviews.  Builtin to the tv like my samsung is so much better.  Plus an most adapters have a battery and cannot be left plugged in all the time.

And private listening is awesome.  But also a pain first turn on the phone.  Then load the app.  Then activate private listening.  Then pair with headphones.  Also need to find an outlet for the tablet to leave plugged in because when the tablet battery runs out private listening is gone even if your headphones still have plenty of battery left.

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

I finally found a good adapter.  Much better.  Its bluetooth 4.1.  Just plugs into my receiver and anything not just roku but all inputs work with my jbl headphones now.  A 1/8 to 1/4 adapter is needed for my receivers earphone jack but not a big deal.

https://www.target.com/p/twelve-south-airfly-bluetooth-adapter/-/A-76633982?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFI...

0 Kudos
Kkosmoski
Level 7

Jump to solution

And they are very expensive.  Not satisfied to sell us a tv, they want us to buy their speakers too.  Totally sucks...

KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

just get a transmitter

0 Kudos
Catcloud
Level 8

Jump to solution

The instructions are how to pair a speaker or headphones with the mobil app. How do you then use this connection with a Roku tv rather than a phone?

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Jump to solution

Same thing.  Connect the phone app to the TV as its remote control and hit the headphone icon to bring the audio to the phone and whatever bluetooth device is paired with the phone.

0 Kudos
Catcloud
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do I need to mirror my phone and TV?

0 Kudos