Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjones10
Level 7

Re: Pairing bluetooth device to Roku TV

Jump to solution

You do realize this could be solved with a $20 BT adapter, right?

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

BT adapters are not the best and most cheap adapters have lag.

0 Kudos
bjones10
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

I found a better solution.  I use private listening.  I installed the roku apk on my fire 7 2019.  Then I turn on private listening.  Then I pair my jbl everest 700 headphones to that.  And walla.  Just leave my tablet plugged in all the time.

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

That taito you linked to is battery operated.  Can not be plugged in all the time.  Having builtin bluetooth is nicer.  No worry about running out of battery in the middle of my show.

0 Kudos
bjones10
Level 7

Jump to solution

It has USB and can be charged simultaneously while plugged in. Add to that the USB port already on the TCL tv's and 2 cables solves the problem.

0 Kudos
bjones10
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree this is a far better option, and the preferable one, but people are acting like there isn't a cheap option available outside of that, which there is.

0 Kudos
Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

The posters on this string miss the point of my original post. When I bought my Roku/TCL TVs, each of them could connect to any BT device directly without adapters, apps, or other work-arounds. It was not until February of 2020 when Roku issued a firmware "upgrade" did I lose that functionality. If I bought my TVs today, knowing that I could only connect directly to Roku proprietary devices, I would have no complaint. But that's not the case. Roku removed the functionality I purchased without my consent.

0 Kudos
KJSS
Level 10

Jump to solution

Traveler1t

BTW which series tv was it and was it a tcl.

0 Kudos
Traveler1t
Level 9

Jump to solution

I bought three TCL TVs in 2019--all 6 series.

0 Kudos