Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groovythek
Level 7

How to listen to music while watching sports

Can I watch sports on my rokutv while listening to PANDORA on rokutv?

[Topic relocated to appropriate section]

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to listen to music while watching sports

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here.

Short answer: No, this functionality wouldn't be supported at this time. Feel free to add your thoughts in the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
groovythek
Level 7

How about watching sports on roku.com on my computer, and streaming music on my rokutv via Pandora?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

You could certainly watch any of the content available on https://therokuchannel.roku.com/ on your computer, and separately listen to music via the Pandora channel on your Roku TV. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@groovythek wrote:

How about watching sports on roku.com on my computer, and streaming music on my rokutv via Pandora?

I think you'd be better off with the opposite. Stream Pandora on your computer and use the TV as designed for watching the show. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
groovythek
Level 7

but I got the wireless speakers for the great sound, especially the sound of music.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@groovythek wrote:

but I got the wireless speakers for the great sound, especially the sound of music.

Ah, copy that. But as mentioned, Roku devices cannot multi-task. So you can't leave an audio channel running and switch to something else for the video. You'll have to use different devices in some configuration for what you want to do. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
billhere
Level 7

I sometimes listen to classical music on my FM radio while watching sports with the volume muted on TV.

0 Kudos
rkmcniel
Level 7

Agreed! That is one thing I miss with my old Samsung Soundbar. I enjoyed listening to music while watching a game. That is a minus for me with the new Roku Soundbar / Roku TV.

0 Kudos