Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoceW20

How to get out of Guest Mode without pin

Jump to solution

I recently bought a new Roku tv and had typed in the information for my tv wrong to get things started on a fraudulent site. Due to that I called the number given and they logged me into guest mode without giving me a pin to logout cause I hadn’t even got a chance to log into my own account on the tv yet. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to get out of Guest Mode without pin

Jump to solution

@JoceW20 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

When activating your device, please make sure to use the Roku page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to get out of Guest Mode without pin

Jump to solution

@JoceW20 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

When activating your device, please make sure to use the Roku page here: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
powaking
Binge Watcher

Re: Guest Mode Without A Pin

Jump to solution

When my dad got his TCL Roku TV he got hit with the scam to call a number to activate the tv. Now a year later the guest account screen is shown. He never set up an account and has no idea what the pin code is (unless he calls the 600 number shown and gets scammed again). Am able to push the guest mode out but still would like to exit the mode. I have attempted the Factory reset using the pinhole button a couple of times. As the TV boots up it shows the initial screen but then immediately goes to that guest mode screen. After pushing out the date the tv is usable but really would like to know is there any other way to really reset the TV, including the pin code? This is very frustrating and looks bad on TCL AND Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@powaking 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the TV and setting the TV up properly with a Roku account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
powaking
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As mentioned in my response a factory reset was attempted twice. On reboot it appears the screen to setup the tv is shown but then it immediately shows the screen to call the 6xx number and is in guest mode. Again factory reset via the small pinhole on the back of the tv does not allow me to get any further. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@powaking 

Thanks for the information.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
dx2gogogo

TV stuck in guest mode after one week of use - can't get to any other screen

Jump to solution

My mother's tv is stuck in guest mode and she's getting text messages from a guy named Peter telling her she needs to upgrade.  She can't get to home or settings to reset anything.  Should she return the tv?  I don't see that she has any other choice.  We got it for her for her birthday last week.  

0 Kudos
dx2gogogo

Re: TV stuck in guest mode after one week of use - can't get to any other screen

Jump to solution

We're going to try the factory reset

0 Kudos
powaking
Binge Watcher

Re: TV stuck in guest mode after one week of use - can't get to any other screen

Jump to solution

The factory reset finally worked for me but I had to hold the button down for at least 12 seconds while turning the tv on. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dx2gogogo 

As @powaking mentioned, the RokuTV should be powered on and press in and hold the reset button (30 secs or so) to perform a factory reset and get to the Setup Screen.   If you do not hold button long enough, you will only be performing a soft reset and will likely take you back to your previous setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos