Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randee

Re: Vertical green lines issue

Jump to solution

I had the same exact problem with my Roku connection.  And all I had to do was unplug the TV and the annoying vertical lines were gone. 

Ladygem222
Channel Surfer

Re vertical green lines need help have tried everything

Jump to solution

I have contacted Samsun and they say Roku fault.  Cannot stop lines.  Did EVERYTHING suggested here finally ran diagnostics on my set.  Tested the new HDMI port said it was fine also did a sel diagnostic test on the set itself that was fine too!  I really need help do not want to drop ROKU but getting exasperated and want to be able to fix this.  Thank u for any help!

Ladygem222
Channel Surfer

Re: Vertical green lines issue

Jump to solution

Didn’t work for me I have tried everything suggested here and nothing help.  Thank you for trying…appreciated 

DannyD69
Reel Rookie

Re: Re vertical green lines need help have tried everything

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and a Sony TV. I have tried everything and nothing works. The green vertical lines only happens when I'm using Dolby Vision. The setting for HDR10 works fine. I'm disappointed that I am unable to use my Dolby Vision which is why I bought the updated 2021 version of the Roku Ultra, but I am unable to get Roku to do any more than send me a new one which didn't work either! You think Roku would be concerned about all these response's to their malfunctioning equipment! Yet no solution to their problem.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is issue does not happen on my 2 Roku TVs that were experiencing the issue from before. I assumed an update fixed the problem. In order the fix the problem I needed to restart my TVs from the menu when the problem occurred intermittently.

0 Kudos
HisenseTV_Owner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The last time this happened it was related to streaming.  The temporary fixes noted in previous posts only lasted a short while.  The final fix, in my case, was an upgrade to version 10.0.0 of the Roku firmware.  Wouldn't be surprised if an update (maybe not yet available) would fix yours.  In the mean time, a few thing to try:

Temp fix 1

1 - unplug the TV

2 - hold down the power button on the TV for 15 seconds (while TV is unplugged to drain the capacitors)

3 - plug TV back in; power it back on; see if the problem persists

Temp fix 2

1. Go to the home Screen

2. Scroll to Settings

3. In settings, select System

4. In Settings, select Advanced Settings

5. In advanced Settings, select Power

6. In Power, select System Restart.  Your TV will power itself on and off.  It takes several seconds

These may or may not help with your problem.  They helped temporarily with the green bar problem when streaming.  Again, I believe the final solution will be with an update in the Roku firmware.  These usually happen automatically, but you can check for updates manually in Settings.  Good luck.  It took a while for the previous issue to be resolved.

Sharibuddy

Re: How to fix vertical green lines going across my Roku TV screen

Jump to solution

I can still see the full screen but vertical green lines go across the full tv. It isn’t connected to anything except cable 

0 Kudos
cindy0457
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven't had this problem in months.  Maybe a Roku update fixed it?  Make sure you have the latest software.  Other than that, unplugging the tv usually worked for me.

HisenseTV_Owner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The firmware update to 10.0.0 permanently fixed the vertical green line on my Hisense ROKU TV.  I haven't had the issue in many months.  Use the settings menu to find where to do a manual update.  If one is available, install it to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
Morgan99

Re: Vertical green lines, but no outer power button

Jump to solution

well what should I do if my tv doesn't have a power button on the outside and doing this same thing!! 😭

0 Kudos