Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JYousse
Channel Surfer

Re: Vertical green lines

Jump to solution

TCL Roku started doing the same thing shortly after the recent update.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

0 Kudos
cindy0457
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugging seems to work.  Green lines appear on 2 brands of tv I have.  Had the motherboard replaced on one--still happens (sorry Best Buy Guys).  Hopefully it is a software problem.  The wall-mount is a booger-bear to unplug.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

OMFG IT WORKED! Thank you 

JYousse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv with the reoccurring green screen problem.  It seems to mess up on Youtube TV and other streaming channels.  When it happens I do the following and it seems to solve the problem for a while.  I go to live tv, then scroll down past my local antenna channels, and select one of Roku's streaming channels.  The Roku channels never seem to do green screen. Now when I return to Youtube TV or whatever, the green screen problem is gone.  

I hope this works for you.  I also hope they get this problem fixed soon. 

Jim

Jordygirl

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Jordygirl

Jump to solution

I had same problem with vertical lines on my tcl roku tv.easy fix for me ..I just unplugged the tv for a few minutes..then turned on and works fine now.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This has happened twice to us and my tv is only a few months old. All I keep thinking is if this is happening to so many of us, what is the Manufacturer going to do to fix this problem. Its not like this 75inch tv was cheap and I can just go out and purchase a brand new one. And its not like we can take it to UPS and ship it back for free

0 Kudos
Bikebrains

Jump to solution

TO:   Jgrif

THANKS!    Your solution WORKED!       PS.   The second step, holding down the power button while the TV is unplugged, seems illogical to the average user so if someone from the manufacturer would please explain why this step is necessary that would be most helpful in understanding the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
ShaunTech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

plugged all the cables HDMI network cable everything. then unplug the TV held the power button for 15 seconds turn back the TV on plug the HDMI backing and it worked I think holding the power button flushes the power out of the capacitors and reset something but I can't be right. the green line home came up on my Android box but if I used Netflix app that's built into the TV the green line never showed up ever?? TCL 55421 CA please make a firmware permanent fix has to be something to do with the video codecs

0 Kudos
ShaunTech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

when you unplug the power and you hold a power button by holding the power button it flushes the power out of the capacitors and resets the circuit boards. even when you unplug a TV it still has power stored in the capacitors until they drain. that's my take on it..

0 Kudos