Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgrif
Reel Rookie

How to fix vertical green lines going across my Roku TV screen

Jump to solution

Everything looks fine until my Roku TV tries to stream. Then the video goes out and becomes full screen vertical green lines. The audio comes through fine but no video. This happens with all input types. It's connected wirelessly to my network and all other TVs are working fine that are connected the same way.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix vertical green lines going across my Roku TV screen

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku Support: Where to get support for your Roku TV™

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix vertical green lines going across my Roku TV screen

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku Support: Where to get support for your Roku TV™

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bunk

Re: Vertical green lines

Jump to solution

I have a hisense roku tv, not even a year old, doing the same thing. Have you found a fix?

0 Kudos
Jgrif
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Got it working by:

1 - unplugging TV

2 - holding down the power button on the TV for 15 seconds (while TV is unplugged)

3 - plug TV back in and power back on

4 - worked fine from there

Trowerr

Jump to solution

I have the same vertical green line issue.

The fix youre implying points to the hand held being the problem.

I cant imagine that holding the button towards an unpowered TV would do anything.

BUT IT WORKED!!!!   OMG   IT WORKED!!!    TY

0 Kudos
Ma75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have also been experiencing this same problem for past few weeks but ONLY on my built in roku tv's...which I usually do a "restart" and problem is solved. This leads me to wonder if it has anything to do with software update since it only effects my built in roku tvs, one being TCL and other Sharp.

0 Kudos
4d3fect
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm  getting a version of the green line problem trying to cast YT to my TCL Roku TV. will have to try the reset solution upthread.

TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
4d3fect
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

it worked, thanks!

TCL 4K Roku TV S403 / 7101X
Wired ethernet 100 Mbps give or take
0 Kudos
tdgc209

Jump to solution

Unplugging the tv worked for me. I didn't hold the power button down for 15 seconds though. I unplugged the TV and the did the macarena 3 times while I drank a margarita. 

Jgrif
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just a heads up...after it did this the first time it has started having the same issue repeatedly and it's becoming more frequent.  So far the same process has worked every time but it makes me wonder if this is a sign of a bigger issue that will soon cause the TV to just stop working all together.  Guess we'll see...

0 Kudos