Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL TV loop restart.....tried that

Jump to solution

Hey @FEDUPTCL

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is a TCL Roku TV, we would recommend reaching out to their support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheSTORK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, this is definitely a ROKU issue.  My TV is doing it as well.  Didn't do it until I updated.  Turning off auto-update for now.

I did all the stuff.  Unplugged overnight, pressed the on-off button for 5 full minutes (by my watch, not just guessing), unplugged everything.  I did not try the "store" setting.  Restarts on live TV, anything plugged into the HDMI and all streaming channels.

C'mon ROKU, fix the issue!!

I've loved your products up until now and that's why I bought the TV.

Jon

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TheSTORK

Thanks for the post.

I'd suggest starting with my suggestion in my post above to see what options or suggestions the TV manufacturer will provide. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TheSTORK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yep.  Did all that.  They said it was out of warranty, good luck to you.  14 months in!  Not buying a ROKU built in system again.

0 Kudos

Re:TCL TV loop restart - infinite recovery mode loop

Jump to solution

Holding the power button while the TV is unplugged.  Does not make sense.

I have the same issue - stuck in "Recovery Mode"

Have tried updating firmware via WiFi, wired, and USB.  None of them worked.

How do you factory reset the TCL tv?

0 Kudos

Re: TCL TV loop restart - infinite recovery mode loop

Jump to solution

SOLVED! (for me) - SOLVED! (for me) - SOLVED! (for me) - SOLVED! (for me)

I have a 65s542 (65" TCL) TV with ROKU.

It got into an infinite loop for "Recovery Mode."  No matter what update, it would come back to this screen.

What I did was:

- plugin an turn on TV, wait for Recovery Mode Screen to pop up.

- press the hardware "reset" button on the side of the TV for 1-2 seconds (only 1-2 seconds).

- The TV pooped up its Red "ROKU TV" logo.  At this point I wanted to "interrupt" the stupid software right in the middle of the boot.  And so, WHILE THIS SCREEN IS UP, AND JUST AS IT POPS UP:

- Hold down the hardware "reset" button on the TV for 12-15 seconds.  The TV screen went blank AND THEN

It came up with the normal "setup TV" screen.

HOWEVER - this screen would hold for like 15-20 seconds and then re-start and get me back into the Infinite Recovery Mode loop.

So, first thing I did was to setup the TV for "store use."  NOT "home use."

You HAVE TO BE FAST or it will reboot on you automatically, so you have to finish the "store setup" before it's zombie brain reboots itself.

So, after I got it "stable" then I proceeded to connect the WiFi network, and do a software update, and then I also (while it was set for "store use") performed a factory reset of the software.

Again, it came back up, and this time I performed the Home Setup.

The Key (for me, I think) was to hardware reset (with the little button) on the TV Twice.  The first time, hold the button down and then, when the initial screen comes up, interrupt whatever it is doing, and hold the reset button down for 12-seconds.

This was suuuuuuuuuuuper frustrating!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Mezzondo
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV loop restart - TCL Support of no use

Jump to solution

Does not work....

Splash screen

Flashing white light

after a couple min reboots itself

Rinse and repeat

No menu access, just perpetual boot loop

TCL support no help....

How are you supposed to do any of this without menu??

We're sorry to hear that the TV is stuck in recovery mode but rest assured that we're here to assist you.

To make sure the troubleshooting steps you have performed are aligned with our recommended solutions, please follow the steps and observe if the issue will persist. 
  1. While on the Recovery mode, select English. 
  2. Select Wireless. 
  3. Select Update now. 
  4. Allow the TV to reboot to see it is able to get beyond the Recovery Mode message.
  5. We are looking forward to your response. Let us know if you have any questions. 
Thank you!
 Customer Support Team
TCL North America
0 Kudos
crsurf
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You can try the following

Locate the pinhole reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections. Using a paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds. After a moment, your Roku TV will restart and display the Recovery Mode screen.

In my model it's in the side panel above the usb port ...

hope it helps

0 Kudos
Mezzondo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Tried that as well. 

comes right back up to the purple splash screen.

stays on for a min then reboots

0 Kudos
crsurf
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

then pls report that to TCL and if TV still covered by the warranty they should be able to fix, likely a HW issue ...

Edit: I ended having similar issue on my TCL, for my luck it was covered by the warranty and after sending TV to them they fixed and still working after about one year, mine will be 2 years old at Apr/22.

I purchased the TV to use initially as a monitor for my workstation, now I'm using to just watch TV,

I think the problem was related to having devices connect to HDMI ports but TCL never told the root cause... I wish you all good luck, I'm not quite sure would buy another TCL, my element roku has now about 4 years and never had an issue...

0 Kudos