Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaturnMan
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL TV loop restart

Jump to solution

Agree 100% that the system board is the right approach if the cost is in the $20-30 range.  Unfortunately, for the 55R615, the board seems to be running in the $60 range which makes going with cheap HDMI streaming device a better option (which is my solution for now).  Ideally, I would like to get the onboard Roku OS working so I'm keeping an eye on the system board pricing to see if it drops.

So in summary, for those that cannot get the ROKU OS to reset by following the various steps in this thread, you end up with two options:

1) Set the Roku OS up without an Internet connection (if you can get the OS to boot up, that is), and use an HDMI streaming device for streaming, or...

2) Purchase a system board on eBay, etc and hope the board lasts longer than your original did

Hope this thread helps others out there.... I suspect there are quite a few of us in the same boat! 

Tags (1)

Jump to solution

I don’t want loop 80 how can I get rid of it?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @694947

Thanks for the post. 

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
josh882100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing works for me. I tried unplugging the TV and everything else,did the reset button, nothing I do is working. Just keeps going to the reddish roku screen and restarting. 

crsurf
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

l would say to check with TCL support and have them fixed the TV for you.

For me it was only fixed after I sent the TV to them to fix.

Contact TCL thru email and they will likely open a case for you and will go thru for some troubleshooting steps, you may follow all the instructions until there is no more option other than sending the TV for them to fix.

https://support.tcl.com/contact-us

Hope it helps

coachgeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still loops restarts randomly. It also kicks me out of apps randomly. Restarting. Rebooting. Shutting down. Hard wipe. Nothing works. I’m from the NEVER RECOMMENDED.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @coachgeek

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is a TCL Roku TV, we suggest reaching out to TCL Support to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mlee2326
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

did not solve it for me.

mlee2326
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'd like to try this.  what board? are there more than one? 

where did you buy it?  I don't know these things but am very willing to try to fix it.  I'm very frustrated but hate to trash a tv that's less than 2 yrs old.

thanks for any advice &/or links you can provide.

0 Kudos
FEDUPTCL

My roku keeps restarting. I've tried EVERY suggestion online but NOTHING is working

Jump to solution

My roku keeps restarting. I've tried EVERY suggestion online but NOTHING is working

Tags (1)
0 Kudos