Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crawman14

Tv keeps randomly restarting

Jump to solution

I'm disgusted with this purchase. Taking my TCL outside and blowing it to pieces. Worse company ever

Re: How to fix my TCL TV stuck in an endless update loop

Jump to solution

I have done this many times and it did nothing. Problem NOT solved!!! Even when the update box goes away the remote functions stop working. Only the power button works. Any other suggestions on how to stop the update loop? Is there a hard reset or something to make it like factory new or something?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @wllmyoungblood2

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Try connecting your Roku device to a different wifi network or hotspot then see if that will resolve the update problem. You can also try following the suggestions provided in this Support link for your remote issue: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tapp
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV loop restart never ending, I was thinking of replacing the main board

Jump to solution

I see I'm not alone here, my 55R635 is stuck on a boot loop also. Tried everything I could find on internet and all of it is useless. I just pasted the one year mark so sucks for me. I was going to replace the main board but that's a toss up on fixing it, any idea's on that.

0 Kudos
SaturnMan
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL TV loop restart never ending, I was thinking of replacing the main board

Jump to solution

I think the cheaper route is to buy a Roku HDMI stick and then run the TV itself with 'no' internet connection (making it a dumb tv but using the Roku HDMI for streaming).  I've not tried replacing the main board to fix the issue as they are a bit pricey (perhaps due to the Dolby Vision chip being on the same board?). 

The only downside to this "TV-dumb+Roku+HDMI" approach is if you are using an antenna and wouldn't get any of the OTA guide data from the built-in Roku OS and the HDMI stick doesn't support OTA guide data.

0 Kudos
Mezzondo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Easiest route is do what i did.....take it to the recycle center and buy a Samsung

0 Kudos
Rockyh
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV loop restart/ Sharp-Hisense

Jump to solution

@Randopod 

I have the file on the USB, but when I plug it in the back of the tv nothing changes, because it's still cycling in the loops.

Any suggestions? or has it become target practice and I'll buy a Samsung regular tv.

0 Kudos
Potato1

Re: Tv keeps randomly restarting

Jump to solution

Same TCL said They "can't" do anything, I noticed a lot of issues are in 2018 TCL TVs, and I looked at mine and it was made in 2018.

0 Kudos
fixergang

Jump to solution

Hey so I had a power surge and that's what made it go out, sounds crazy, but I removed the batteries from all the remotes and held the button for like 30 seconds and it booted up first thing. Was so excited to see the screen get brighter. Tech support was absolutely no help!

0 Kudos