Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crsurf
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL TV loop restart

Jump to solution

TCL sent me a box to ship TV to them after some troubleshooting with no luck.

I received my TV back from them working just fine.

No word about what was the fix and so far 2 weeks working without issues.

Mine is fortunately still under vendor warranty as it was purchased at apr/2020.

I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost/pain if no more warranty in place ...

Jump to solution

My tv didn't even show the 12 digit code i needed on page 3

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@billythebob

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tiki_DEIO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I am hoping you can assist - we have tried all of the resolutions here for reset, rebooting router,  etc. and still have the same issue/no resolution.   it will not get past the red screen so there is no way to even try to connect to a different network.  Any guidance to correct would be great, thanks! 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tiki_DEIO,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For clarification, is the affected device is a TCL Roku TV as well? If so, please note that each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. In this case, we suggest reaching out to TCL support to report the issue and for further assistance.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or call them at (877)-300-8837.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Danny - - How do I contact you directly? My Roku TCL is in continuous factory reboot and nothing works to rectify the problem. It is a 49" 3-SERIES TCL ROKU TV 2019 49S325 (1810GTO000888A00249). Purchased on 01/24/2019. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ihatemyrohkutv,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

This may be related to a hardware issue. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.
You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or call them at (877)-300-8837.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tiki_DEIO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted TCL and received the following:

We know your viewing experience is affected as the seem to be stuck on the start up screen. Rest assured that we are here to help you out.

Please follow the steps and observe if the issue will be resolved after performing each step.

1.    Power reset the TV using the steps below and let us know if this solves the problem:
       a.      Turn the TV off and unplug it from its power outlet.
       b.      Press and hold the power button which is the middle button on the bottom surface of the TV for 15 seconds.
       c.      Re-plug the TV to the outlet and turn it on.
2.    Perform a hard reset while the TV is powered on. Please note that this puts your TV to its factory default settings.
       a.    Locate the reset button on the ports at the back of the TV.
       b.    Press and hold the reset button using a pin or a paper clip for 15 seconds.

this did not work.  I told tcl and they said ...

Thank you for the response and we appreciate your effort in performing our recommended solutions although none of them worked. You may bring the TV to a local repair shop or if you purchased an extended warranty, please get in touch with the retailer.

the TV was trashed and replaced with a Samsung smart tv 
Randopod
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TV was exhibiting the same symptoms as yours. I document how I solved the problem in this post:

Solved: Re: TCL TV loop restart - Page 3 - Roku Community

I hope that helps,

-Rando

0 Kudos
Motorbreath
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Posted this on another thread but just as relevant here.  If no other fixes work for you and you are unable install firmware from a USB drive you might have the same problem I did.  

My model 50S425 that is a bit over 1 year old, started doing the same thing.  Was working fine one minute then turned off a show to put my son to bed, after that the tv would turn on, show the red TCL logo screen then turn back off after about 15 seconds.  Then after 10 seconds or so it would turn back on by itself, spend 15 seconds stuck on the red logo screen and turn back off.  It would stay stuck on this loop until I pulled the plug.  I tried everything I read online.  Unplugging made no difference, 1 hr, overnight, still the same red logo loop.  Every trick to fix it I read online didn't work. 

The reset button on the back wouldn't work either.  But I noticed that if I held the reset button down for about 40 seconds it would go to the reset menu.  As soon as I let the button go it would go back to the red logo loop.  I tried to keep the reset button pressed down the entire time while I went through the reset process but it would come to a point where the tv needed to reboot and it would then act like I let go of the button and go back to the red logo loop.   I thought maybe it was a firmware issue and loaded an update on a USB thumbdrive and tried to use that during the reset process.  But the TV would not recognize the thumbdrive so it seemed like the USB port was bad.  So a bad USB port along with a reset button that only responded when held down the entire time led me to believe this was an issue with the hardware, specifically the main board. 

The screen looked fine during the red logo loop and also while the reset button was held down so in my opinion that board was fine, the power stayed on the entire time the reset button was pressed so it seemed to me the power board was fine.  I was able to connect to wifi in the reset menu while the button was held down so that board seemed to be working fine too.  So I bought a new main board for like $28, only took about 15 minutes to install it.  There are some videos online to walkthrough the process but it is pretty simple.  Works perfect now.  If you tried all the other fixes suggested and none of them work, before you curb the TV, I would try replacing the main board.  I had an HD antenna with a booster that used the USB port for power and I have a feeling that fried my board but who knows.  At least now the TV works.