Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

This just happened with my 8 month old TV as.  While turning off the volume did work, it defeats the purpose of having a volume mode feature in the first place....IMO

0 Kudos
Maverick3bk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Disabling the volume auto-leveling by accessing any app and then pressing the options button fixed the issue immediately.

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did that several times Sat and Sun, using apps installed on the TV as well as on my Firestick and it didn't work. 

0 Kudos
Maverick3bk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine had been doing the audio distortion thing starting with youtube. I do not have a firestick or any other streaming product on my tv. Turning the audio leveling off fixed it immediately for me on my tv and on the hdmi input that has my xbox hooked in. Maybe its a conflict between the roku tv and the firestick app both trying to apply  master control to the audio? Try adjusting the leveling after removing the firestick from ur tv first. If that doesnt work, i hope u find someone else who can advise u. 

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I will try that and see if it works.  It's interesting that you mentioned it started with YouTube. I wonder if that's the cause. The first time I watched YouTube on that TV was on the 4th of July. I used it again during the week but don't recall specifically which days. The sound distortion was really bad then on the 10th. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I went on youtube and hit the * took off night sound and the garble stopped, all apps back to normal

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just fixed mine.  Went to YouTube app, clicked on a video, hit the * button, scroll down to Volume Mode and changed from night to off.  It cleared up immediately.  Good luck hope this works for you. 

0 Kudos
Beverachi

Jump to solution

Thank you... that cleared it right up!  Bravo

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That setting can be accessed from any app.  I had mine set to Leveling but the day after my sound was garbled I had no sound at all until I turned off the volume mode.  I've tried to turn both leveling and night mode back on but I lose all sound with either setting so I'm just leaving volume mode off.  Thanx everyone!

0 Kudos
wildbill69

Jump to solution

I tried everything...then just unplugged it waited 20 seconds and plugged it back in??!!  Works perfectly now.  The easiest solution usually works. lol

0 Kudos