Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koda03

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

This worked for me 

0 Kudos
kmyvr

Jump to solution

Thank you TheFoodGuy!

I've tried a lot of things but this fixed it 100%.

0 Kudos
Nishbot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unplugging and replugging in (30 sec) did the trick.

0 Kudos
Mendez903

Jump to solution

TheFoodGuy advice on turning off the volume mode is helpful. I had the same issue with no sound or distorted. After turning off volume mode and setting my sound mode to normal i have not had this issue come back as of now. 

0 Kudos
NG22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you turn off the “volume mode”

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Press the * button on the Roku remote while watching something on the TV. Navigate to “volume mode” and choose the “off” option rather than “leveling” or “night mode”. 

0 Kudos
Kihei_Kid

Re: How to fix distorted sound on my TCL TV

Jump to solution

The only solution that worked for me was the reset with the home button five times, etc. Also tried the play pause button three times and one of these fixed it. Are people finding it's just a matter of time until it starts acting up again? I bought a 4k 43 android tv TCL today and when I heard how good the audio sounded on that I knew I was having issues and something needed fixing on the Roku 7105x 55 I also have. Thanks for all the info in this thread!

gaiden9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah this is all pretty garbage.  I've looked through reddit and other forums and it seems like this have been going on for years and years with Roku and the fact they don't get on here and comment means it will probably never be fixed.  Ill never buy another TV with their UI.  From what I've read the problem is it cant cope with high volume.  I've tried everything mentioned from unplugging, resetting the button above the HDMI, pressing the buttons on the controller to reset, and finally the * in the menu but my TV doesn't have that audio setting.  Many people act like they cant find it but I believe its due to the model of TV.  

Disappointed

0 Kudos
NG22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was able to fix it by following the instructions above and turn off the volume mode for sound leveling. It seems to have worked for now. 

0 Kudos
Vic24

Jump to solution

Using the asterisk and turning off leveling worked! Thank you!!

0 Kudos