Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomcat137
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

That does “fix” it, but then you have to deal with massive volume swings when a movie goes from a quiet whisper scene to an action scene where you have to quick grab the remote and turn the volume down like 30% only to turn it back way up at the next quiet scene over and over again. Basically someone gets stuck being the volume moderator throughout the whole movie. Not ideal really. 

TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree wholeheartedly, but until TCL or Roku fix the distortion problem, you either need to turn off leveling or unplug/re-plug your TV each time the distortion occurs. 

0 Kudos
johnasadorian
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Listen, its a quick fix. Its frustrating but its a start. Throw away your TV and buy a new one. That should stop the complaining...

0 Kudos
Nalvarado

Jump to solution

Every few days sound starts echoing in my 55’ Roku TCL. It is growing old to have to unplug it. Any permanent solution from TCL or Roku? 

0 Kudos
Tomcat137
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess you could take @johnasadorian’s advice:

“Throw away your TV and buy a new one. That should stop the complaining...“

Really helpful guy there. 

0 Kudos
Dante67

Jump to solution

Same problem on my 32" TCL ROKU TV.   Purchased about a month ago and it worked fine until today.   The sound distortion is on ALL channels, both streamed and over the antenna.   Miserable and unwatchable.

0 Kudos
gordon144
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplug it for a minute.   Fixed mine...

0 Kudos
Tomcat137
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That’s great to hear! Will you please update us in say a month to let us know if that fixed it for good or if the problem came back? Here’s to hoping it fixes your tv for good!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It does not have a off option on my tv it just sets to normal or all the other sound options 

0 Kudos
TAO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I disposed of the TV, only 6 months old, and bought a new TCL from Walmart.  I needed a TV quick and didn't have time to try different tricks.  New one had a sound problem and I turned off the volume equalizer or whatever its called, and problem went away.

0 Kudos