Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slhill

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem with a Roku TV and a Roku box. I went to settings and looked for updates, then restarted system. Then I went to audio and put it on stereo. So far so good. But before all of that I backed up what I was playing and paused for a moment and it would straighten up. 

0 Kudos
Suzcha123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just did this and it fixed the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
kangface49

Jump to solution

My TCL tv started to have the distorted audio regardless of the input source.  The sequence of the buttons to reboot worked for me.  Will see how long it will last.  Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Suzcha123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just wanted to clarify what I did to fix mine. I used Foodguys fix and went into audio settings, Volume mode and turned it from “leveling” to “off”

0 Kudos
JEANNYJULY
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK IT'S THE "TCL" TV (I COULD BE WRONG)

I THINK IT'S THE ROKU STICK ITSELF.

THE SOUND IS OFF TOO, HAVE TO PLAY AT LEVEL 60 OR 70 TO HEAR, OTHERS HAVE HAD TO DO THE SAME.

THEY NEED TO FIX THE STREAMING SYSTEM ITSELF.

COULD BE THE LOCAL STATIONS DON'T WANT STREAMING AT ALL AND THIS IS HOW THEY ARE REACTING TO IT.  WHO KNOWS BUT UNPLUG FOR TEN MINUTES SEEM TO WORK.  ALSO, THE STICK NEVER TURNS OFF.  IF YOU UNPLUG IN WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE TV I BET YOU WON'T HAVE ANY MORE TROUBLES 🙂

SORRY FOR THE CAPS I CAN'T TYPE VERY WELL THESE DAYS 😞

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks TheFoodGuy!!  It worked (turning off the ‘leveling’ for audio)!! 👍🏽

0 Kudos
leavemealone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have a stick.

0 Kudos
Solofett

Jump to solution

This worked for me too. Turn off the volume setting. Mine was set to leveling. I turned it off and in mid distortion it went back to normal. 

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't have a Roku stick.  It's a Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
AKTechGuy

Jump to solution

Hi I also did this after having the same issues with the sound garble/distortion. Another option is to reset the sound and picture settings in the main menu under 'Advanced settings'. This solved the problem. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos