Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix distorted sound on my TCL TV

Jump to solution

I have a static sound that happens when I am just letting it sit in the home screen and also when I put it in standby mode for some reason not sure what this is but I wish it would stop kinda annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

@Anthonym2003 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YvonneMW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, FoodGuy! 

This issue has been a major issue a handful of times, since we got our Roku Ultra not that long ago and each time it seemed no matter what we tried, including turning the unit off, unplugging it, etc, nothing worked and so we would have to wait usually several days in a row before it would "fix itself". Very frustrating and even more so when it happened tonight because it started crackling and echoing only minutes after we paid to stream a movie! Agh!  I just tried your tip of turning the leveling off and it fixed it immediately! I am hoping we will have no more issues. Thanks so much! 

0 Kudos
TVnow

Jump to solution

It is annoying. I can't keep pressing the remote to switch the volume mode to off. It does occur every 5 minutes.

I see the forum and Roku is not interested in fixing it. We should return our TV to the store. 

I will return the TV to Sams.

Jump to solution

Hello, not use if you are still having uses.

I have a similar issue all of a sudden the audio seems to be coming out from the Roku TV into my sound bar too “hot” and thus causes distortion. 

I fixed the issue some what by changing the Audio out settings from Auto to Dolby Digital.  This has brought the audio the correct levels. Of course I am using the HDMI out to connect to the Soundbar hopefully the connections you are using are the same and this might help to fix your issue.

YvonneMW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@TVnow 

I found out how to fix it from someone else's comment post somewhere on this website, unfortunately, I can't remember the helpful person's username or exactly where I found it, to give them the credit they deserve. 

However, his or her advice worked instantly! 

Do NOT go into settings to the audio etc. to try to fix it.  Instead, go to a video on any of your channels, Youtube, Netflix, anything and click to start the video and then on your Roku remote press the * (star asterisk) in the small popup that comes up, make sure that the audio does NOT say "leveling" and does NOT say "Nightmode" turn off or default. When I did that it fixed even the worst audio issues on my Roku immediately. Good luck, I hope this helps you too.  

YvonneMW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@mendivildiego ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to try to help me out. That is very kind & thoughtful of you & we really appreciate that! 

We don't have an audio bar or anything yet. 

I found out how to fix ours from someone else's comment post somewhere on this website, unfortunately, I can't remember the helpful person's username or exactly where I found it, to give them the credit they deserve. 

However, his or her advice worked instantly! 

If your audio gives you any more issues beyond what you already fixed, try this = Do NOT go into settings to the audio etc. to try to fix it.  Instead, go to a video on any of your channels, Youtube, Netflix, anything and click to start the video and then on your Roku remote press the * (star asterisk) in the small popup that comes up, make sure that the audio does NOT say "leveling" and does NOT say "Night mode" turn off or default. When I did that it fixed even the worst audio issues on my Roku immediately. Good luck, I hope this helps you too.  

0 Kudos
Edac2

Jump to solution

Suddenly this morning our TCL 43S517 (2018) had no sound. At first I suspected this was a problem with the Spectrum cable box, but the lack of sound also affected all of the Roku apps like HBO. I reset the sound settings and the sound returned, but with an echo and seriously out of sync (Gov. Cuomo's lips moved, and a moment later there were words). Your technique (unplugging and replugging the TV after a minute) fixed the problem!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is the only thing that worked! Thank you! 

Press the star button (options button) as it's not in actual settings! 

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

Seussman71

Jump to solution

I had this happen just recently. I didn't have the audio settings that were mentioned, but I did find another setting that worked for me. I went into advanced settings, then factory reset, and there was a setting to reset just the audio and video settings, so I tried that, and it worked for me. Good luck!

0 Kudos