Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeusChrist

How to fix TV screen that went black (Sharp Roku TV)

Jump to solution

Hi. My year and a half old, 58 inch Sharp/Roku 4K tv suddenly went black and now will not turn back on. As the screen is black the red light remains on and will flash as I attempt to boot up the tv. I’ve tried all the quick fix factory reset ideas from google, including different outlets, unplugging, and different remotes. It seems that many others are having a similar issue but fixes seem non existent and support seems to lead to loops and dead ends. If I go to sharp they ask for a model number but don’t recognize mine. If I go to roku im told to follow a link for suggestions but that link tells me “access denied”. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV screen went black. Sharp Roku TV

Jump to solution

@ZeusChrist

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ZeusChrist

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmk973

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Anyone find a fix yet?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @rmk973

Thanks for the post.

If you're experiencing the issue on your Roku TV, I would recommend following the suggestion provided by @RokuDanny-R above. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pkp129
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem for me. Before 1 year warranty it was black screen. Contacted sharp as was fixed as it was in warranty. Now same problem again which will be not fixed by sharp as it is not under warranty. Not happy with Sharp 58” Roku tv. Looks like wastage of money. Stay away from sharp. 

Dking

Jump to solution

Same issue here with the 52" Sharp Roku TV, but fortunately mine lasted for four years. The Screen kept getting darker and darker for a couple days then on the third day it went off with a black screen and no sound. I've tried every fix I could find! Definitely not buying a Sharp again! You would think they would last a little longer!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dking

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please follow @RokuDanny-R's suggestion. The TV manufacturer is the best one to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JessMJ17

Jump to solution

Did you ever find a solution for this? My 58” sharp Roku tv is doing this same exact thing.

Pkp129
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not worked for me. I have replaced power board but not luck. So finally put in garbage. Not buying again sharp.

jrp1980

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with mine and it's only 2 years old. Based on the responses it's starting to sound like I'm screwed. Definitely won't buy a sharp tv again.