Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue- for me when I click the channel all I get is the green Spotify logo on a black screen and nothing else. The issue is with Version 2.8 Build 102 (December 14, 2021) and the suggestions here have been only a temporary fix. The problem has something to do with what is in the memory of my Roku TCL TV. Clear the memory (either through a System Restart, or briefly unplugging the TV when it is off) and it will load the channel and work for a while, but eventually will not open/load again. Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't going to solve the problem since the problem is with the version itself.

The only way this will be fixed is if Spotify fixes the bug in a new version. Probably best to contact Spotify about the issue so they know about it.

0 Kudos
SamBurr

Jump to solution

The solution made by Danny the Roku guy definitely works 🙂 I can confirm!! Thank you ❤️

0 Kudos
Hbhb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Clearing the cache helped my issue.

How to clear cache:

Pressing home x5, up , RW x 2, FF x2. The system will freeze and then restart. 

Open spotify.

0 Kudos
Jodoug68

Jump to solution

I just followed these steps and Spotify still will not open. I click on "log in as" my account and nothing happens.  It says my account is linked with my roku credentials..

0 Kudos
Bobcatlca

Jump to solution

I tried everything in all of the previous threads with no luck. This time I went to the app and played the station that I wanted from the Select Device list on the app.  For me this was the tv.  It worked! Even after closing and reopening the app on the Roku TV several times. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Kmariee7

Jump to solution

Thanks it worked, I was having the same issue! 

0 Kudos
Handel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny. Your method worked for me .. Thank you so much !!! 

0 Kudos
Darth_Cup
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Spotify not opening on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

This is how you fix it. Try logging in with the roku. While it is hanging, go to your smart phone on the same network and open spotify. On the app on the smart phone, look on the bottom for available devices. Your roku device will show up there. Select the roku device and then the login will move forward on the roku device. Cheers!

Granny64
Binge Watcher

Re: How to fix Spotify not opening on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

@Darth_Cup wrote:

This is how you fix it. Try logging in with the roku. While it is hanging, go to your smart phone on the same network and open spotify. On the app on the smart phone, look on the bottom for available devices. Your roku device will show up there. Select the roku device and then the login will move forward on the roku device. Cheers!

no smart phone

just my tv set (with no cable, so no tv....) in my bedroom, and my pc in the living room... i have the roku express hooked up to my set, and it connects to wifi... 

no smart phone, no tablet, no notebook, no THING at all to shortcut the connection...

i switched it off "all devices", went to spotify, signed up with diff addy, d/l the new spotify desktop app, and now i can get it on my roku...

BHJ

Jump to solution

Thanks D!!

0 Kudos