Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mhulderman42
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

Jump to solution

Aww that’s good to hear @Tlcarroll1126 , and glad it’s working! I tried mine again and it still won’t work :(. When I click on the app, it makes the “clicking” noise but the app doesn’t open still. I think they are still working on it and hopefully can get it fixed!

0 Kudos
Dhack22

Jump to solution

I am having the issue as well

get click noise but Spotify app not opening

deleted app

restart though power > restart 

added app same issue 

My Spotify app is not picking up my tv either but it is picking up my Roku 3 that is in a back room 

TCL Roku TV 6109X 

0 Kudos
PixiePenny
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, @RokuDanny-R 

Any updates on this issue?

I followed the instructions precisely, in the order provided, (2x) and after reinstalling Spotify it fails to show up on my 'Roku Home' so I return 'Music & Podcasts' to find Spotify then click on 'Go to channel' and it quickly greys out then instantly back to Spotify 'Music & Podcast' screen giving me once again options. I.e. go to channel, remove channel, view screenshots, my rating, give us feedback. This seems to be a constant loop with no solution to a functioning Spotify channel. 

TCL model 55S531

Roku TV a123x

Software version 10.5.0 build 4210-88

I have a video that I can provide but unaware of how to upload it here.

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate whatever support you can provide.

PixiePenny

0 Kudos
Mhulderman42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! Update from a few months ago with Spotify not working at all after it worked for the longest time, I just clicked into the app and it opened!!! So happy, give it another try and see. I checked about 3 weeks ago and it wouldn’t open then. Hopefully it works for most people now! 🙂 

0 Kudos
meyerlaw
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Danny, I already have a spotify account. When I click on the spotify icon on my ROKU TV, the page opens and invites me to login. It displays a button with my spotify account number.  But when I click on that button, NOTHING happens.  What's the possible problem?  I can't see how uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling it has anything to do with my situation.    WR Meyer

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@meyerlaw

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in this order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KenLoewen

Jump to solution

I'm having thus problem, too. 

Roku TV 7105X

TCL model 55S403

SW version 10.5.0 - build 4210-30

Steps to reproduce

-select Spotify app

-observe Spotify splash screen

0 Kudos
KenLoewen

Jump to solution

Also, the tracker I'd doesn't generate anything - just goes to Home screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KenLoewen

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
creaky_springs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This doesn't fix the issue. It seems the issue is presenting itself differently for different users. For me, when I click the spotify tile, it shows the splash screen and then goes to a black screen. I tried deleting the app, restarting the roku express, then reinstalling the app and that did not work. 

0 Kudos