Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mhulderman42
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R thank you so much,

Roku TV: 6107X

TCL model: 55UP130

Serial #: YW00C7841425

Device ID: 6H900C841425

version: 10.5.0 build 4210-22

Spotify is the only channel not opening. It used to work great but when I click on the channel, it doesn’t open at all.
Spotify version: 2.8 build 90

Let me know if you can help!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

Jump to solution

Hi @Mhulderman42,

Thanks for providing the information needed! We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,

Mary

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi @pancakebrain @evywillett,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device? What Roku model device are you using? 
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?

4. How long has the issue been occurring?
Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

In addition to the troubleshooting step, we would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.

Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
pancakebrain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary and thanks for your response.

This is my 2nd time writing a reply - the first attempt frustratingly resulted in an authentication error, presumably because i followed a link from email but did not log in before submitting.

Mine is a Roku TV, 7131X, TCL 55S425. The issue is only with the Spotify app. No error codes or whatnot- the app just displays the logo and hangs indefinitely.

Great suggestion to restart the TV between the uninstall and re-install steps. That has done the trick for me and the issue is resolved. (Without a restart, the issue persists.)

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pancakebrain,

Thanks for the update!

We're glad to know it's working now. Happy Streaming!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having this issue as well. I've tried it all. Uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off the TV, back on. Nothing works. Spotify just suspends in the load screen.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @agoldredshield,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

How long has the issue been occurring? Are you being prompted with an error message? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

If you haven't tried the solutions that were provided to perform manual software, I recommend you do so.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
mshuman18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

I am having the same issue as the others. Details as follows:

Toku TV 6107X, TCL 55UP130

This issue has been persisting for over 6 months. Before, that the Spotify app worked normally for several months. The spotify app is the only app that doesn't work on my Roku TV. I click on the app and nothing happens - no error message, no codes. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps, including deleting app, restarting TV, installing app, checking for TV updates, etc. Please help!

Mike

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mshuman18,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with Spotify, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
josh_boe

Jump to solution

Hello there, I am experiencing a similar issue. I have tried the other steps to no avail. My model is 6109x Roku TV. Serial number is: YW00H1620742 (Device ID: 6W900H620742) The software version is 10.5.0 build 4210-22 The timestamp is 2021-12-25TO5:44:O4Z. ID:42-515-864 

This issue only seems to be impacting this particular app at the moment.

0 Kudos