Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to fix Refresh rate on brand new tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

We just bought and set up our brand new 65" tcl roku tv and the picture of most movies is terrible.  I would looked thought the help and the refresh rate help isn't working as we don't have the refresh rate advanced setting which I don't understand as our TV is 4k.  Is there another setting I can try to make the picture better before I try to start a return with our TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: How to fix Refresh rate on brand new tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@Mommamaney  Thanks for the note. TV's handle refresh rate automatically, scaling content to their display capabilities. There is no setting to adjust or change this—this can typically only be adjusted on an HDMI input device, such as another separate streaming media player, etc.

If you're running into an issue with playback and need additional help with your TV, I'd recommend contacting TCL support directly here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

They can assist you with more troubleshooting, making picture adjustments, etc. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

i have roku model 55r617-ca s/n YSOOYA486758 I dont have Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: How to fix Refresh rate on brand new tcl roku tv

Jump to solution

@Mommamaney  Thanks for the note. TV's handle refresh rate automatically, scaling content to their display capabilities. There is no setting to adjust or change this—this can typically only be adjusted on an HDMI input device, such as another separate streaming media player, etc.

If you're running into an issue with playback and need additional help with your TV, I'd recommend contacting TCL support directly here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

They can assist you with more troubleshooting, making picture adjustments, etc. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos