Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boozer
Reel Rookie

How to fix Alexa not controlling my Roku TV

I cannot connect alexa to my tcl roku tv at all. 1st time trying. Looked up solutions.. can't find alexa in the TV menu in settings.. software is up to date. I have a 5115x ..

Tcl model 55fs3700 an older smart TV

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
rammjet
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Alexa not controlling my Roku TV

There is no Alexa setting in the TV. It is handled by the Alexa app. Both the TV and the Alexa skill need to connect to your Roku account.

First, make sure your TV is connected to Roku. To be safe, log the TV out and then back in. Some of my problems were a corrupted connection.

Once the TV is connected to Roku, go to the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. Go to skills and find the Roku skill. Add it. It will ask to connect to your Roku account. Set that up.

After that, you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
Boozer
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the reply!

I did everything you said but it still won't connect. Roku skill is active. I tried the tcl skill .. that said to go to tv settings and enter the code under alexa but that doesn't exist. Ugg

RickinNM

Still an issue 🙁

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RickinNM

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hey, @RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R  I am unable to Enable the Roku skill in Alexa APP.

0 Kudos
Boozer
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot reable Roku skill in Alexa

Not that I'm aware of.. I still can't use alexa to control my roku

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @gballavullu001 @Boozer

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with connecting Alexa with your Roku TV. 

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Have you already made sure to link your Roku account to your Amazon account?

For more information about how to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku streaming device, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: Control your streaming devices with Alexa

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted with the information we have requested and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noderay
Reel Rookie

I thought it was still broken but I just got it working. 

I fully disabled and enabled the skill. After re-adding and linking the skill it didn't work. I then removed the Roku from my "all devices" in the Alexa app. 

Then I went to the Roku skill settings then "manage tv and video" to rediscover the device. Now it works.

I believe it's possible that between my network (Ubiquiti), Alexa and Roku, something got updated for this to all start working again.

0 Kudos