Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

Give Roku a day or two to respond...it's a holiday weekend afterall. But I would expect them to resond within a few days. My guess is within the next 24 hours, many  more roku users will be chiming in with this issue.

nateq

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Problem here also.  All last year, Alexa had no problems controlling my TCL Roku 6 series with voice commands.  Today I started getting "We were unable to link Roku at this time" in the skills menu.  Not sure what's going on... 

0 Kudos
sharmander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happened to me today. Has been working fine since I got the device. I was talking to customer support through Alexa and did all the troubleshooting. Then I contacted roku to try and troubleshoot. Never worked. So they put in a case to hopefully fix whatever the issue is. I just checked and at 2:15am on May 31, 2021, still not working. 

0 Kudos
Sknaggspa

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Have always used Alexa to control my Roku tv. Yesterday Alexa started saying Roku wasn't responding or couldn't be found. So I uninstalled the Roku skill in my alexa app. When I enabled the skill again, I went through the whole account linking process but when it brings me back to the Alexa app it says "We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account. You can try linking your account again by visiting the Roku skill page." But it never works.

0 Kudos
thb
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

Same thing happening here. 55" TCL Roku tv. Says unresponsive in app. Deleted skill. Reinstalled. Relinked. Alexa app says it discovered my Roku device. Goes through the whole set up, then tells me. "unable to link Roku with Alexa" and tells me to close. Reset TV, reset the fast start, everything. Just started yesterday, May 30, 2021. Controls our other Fire TV and our other devices and responds perfectly otherwise. 

0 Kudos
Patti210

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

I have a Westinghouse Roku tv and I also have the same issue. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yep same here, it was working fine yesterday morning and last night and today it just suddenly stopped. Glad I'm not the only one having this issue! I was worried my new TV might be the problem! 

0 Kudos
Ksjailer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here TCL 8 series.

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same problem with my TCL 55" Roku TV. The Roku firmware is up to date, I restarted the TV, disabled and enabled the TV's Fast Start, and tried to reconnect Alexa's Roku skill to the TV. I as able to log in, but am still getting "Sorry, TV isn't responding". 

This started yesterday, 5/30/21. The last Roku system update, to 10.0.0 Build 4195, was 5/14/21, and I just checked it as I was typing this, so 5/31/21.

DavidS1961
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here; your description exactly. With so many of us having this problem, I'd say Roku or the skill developer updated something and unwittingly caused the skill to stop functioning.  Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos