Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopherNYC
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

Please, if anyone finds a solution or fix to this problem please post it immediately. It is 7:45 p.m. here in New York City and I cannot re-link my Echo devices to my TCL Roku TV as of yesterday, May 30, 2021. Many people are having this problem! I think Customer Service can be reached through chat and live person phone. I'm trying to determine if it's TCL, Roku, or Amazon Echo devices. I hope someone, including my own research, can identify and fix this ridiculous situation!

0 Kudos
Joese
Channel Surfer

Re: Alexa won’t connect to Roku TCL 49in

Jump to solution

I can't find any answers myself I'm having the same problems

0 Kudos
unovana
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

It just dawned on me but this morning on CNBC I saw them speculating about Roku stock and said Roku has it's own device coming out like Google and Amazon so get us to buy their smart assistant?🤔

0 Kudos
Blake3

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Me too - would be nice if either roku or Alexa acknowledged the problem and provided an estimated time to fix

0 Kudos
thb
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

It's actually doing it with my Roku stick in another room as well. I got into a different account and tried it with my Streaming Stick + and I get the same error. So it's not just the TVs, it's the Alexa/Roku app connection for any roku device

0 Kudos
thb
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it's the Roku/Alexa connection. Tested it with my streaming stick and it won't connect, same exact error. 

0 Kudos
Skippy1222
Reel Rookie

Re: Alexa won’t connect to Roku TCL 49in

Jump to solution

I returned the TV and got a new one and same problem. It must be a software issue with the bigger TVs. They shouldn’t be advertising Alexa compatible though. 

0 Kudos
jjwheat
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

Nope - i've got 5 alexa devices & a fire tv & dozens of smart devices all programmed to work together perfectly.  I'll ditch the roku tv on craigs list & get another fire tv before bringin in another box i've gotta talk to.  They designed the tv to work with alexa & they should honor that commitment.

That'd be like Ford coming out with a car that used to run on any brand gas but after a software update, you now can only fill up at a Ford gas station or the car wont run.

Funny - something made me hesitate when I bought the Hisense 4k Roku tv vs spending more on a 4k FireTV, but it was such a bang for the buck.  Now starting to wonder if it was more a bang to my **bleep** as i might wind up with a not-so-smart smart tv....

Jump to solution

Yes my roku and echos will not link as well. I have tried many many times today to get them linked again and it gives me the same error. I would love to know how to fix this.

0 Kudos
thejc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine was not working either earlier this evening, but right now (midnight central time, I guess its now June 1st) it finally worked and the link was successful, so roku must have fixed their issue.