Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Methodicalize
Channel Surfer

How to find all available movies?

Recently, I had been browsing through my Roku TV and located a section "Free Premium Movies without Ads" and there was a listing of over 2,200 titles. Since that night, I haven't been able to locate this movie list. Generally the free movie listing and other listings only shows 40 titles on the main screen. When I found this movie archive, it gave me the option of the 2,200+ movies. Does anyone know how to find all movies possible to watch on Roku like I did? Thanks if you can help!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Methodicalize
Channel Surfer

Re: How to find all available movies?

Still no luck on my end, been trying to figure this out.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there @Methodicalize,

Thanks for the posts.

Roku Search makes it easy to find what you want to watch on your Roku streaming device. To find specific content, search by title, actor, or director. When you want to browse a wider range of content, search popular genres like “Comedy” or “Action." To use Roku Search, use the on-screen keyboard, the Roku mobile app, or voice search.

• Channels included in search results may vary by region: view Roku search partners for a list of the channels included by region
  • Some channels and content requires payment
  • If you choose content on a channel that is not installed on your Roku device, you'll be prompted to add the channel
  • Search results for “over-the-air” broadcast television include programs currently airing along with future showings
  • Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico and the United States.

Search on your Roku device.
Press Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote, then select Search from the Home Screen. Start typing the first few letters of the movie, TV show, actor, director, genre, or channel that you're looking for, and Roku Search will update the results as you complete the word or phrase. Select the entry to see more details including viewing options.

Search using your mobile device.
Use the search bar on the Home page of the Roku mobile app. Start typing the first few letters of the movie, TV show, actor, director, genre, or channel that you're looking for, and Roku Search will update the results as you complete the word or phrase. Select the entry to see more details including viewing options.

Search using voice.
Use voice commands like “show me action movies" with your Roku voice remote or the free Roku mobile app, to search for movies, TV shows, and more. Learn more about using your voice to search and control your Roku streaming device.

Search The Roku Channel on the web.
Search for content on The Roku Channel on your Roku device or by going to TheRokuChannel.com and using the search bar. 

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Methodicalize
Channel Surfer

Thank you for chiming in, I'm familiar with searching by default. I can find specific movies of actors I like or specific titles with no problem.

The menu I had found was showing over 2,200 movies at one time. I was browsing a big archive, I could see more than the typical 40 options at once. I wish I had paid closer attention to where I was at, I haven't been able to get back into that search since that night.

I haven't seen anything online, forums or anywhere explaining where I can look at over 2,000+ movies at one time. I'll keep looking through the internet, I'm not looking to do anything illegal here... I'm familiar with how people jailbreak their systems, all the secret menus and stuff... infact I seen all of that on youtube when I was searching for this archive search online... I just want access so I can browse everything Roku has to offer. Thanks for chiming in, I'll keep digging till I eventually gain access to that menu again.

0 Kudos
Methodicalize
Channel Surfer

I believe I found what I was looking for but I didn't see the same results as when I originally found what was described.

So, in the App "Plex" there are gigantic listings of various movie genres. Horror for example had 2900+ results. While I wasn't getting the same results as originally, I believe this was the listing of what I seen.

I wanted to pass the information incase this ever helps anyone or they ever find themself in a similar situation, or just bored and need solid recommendations.

Thanks for chiming in and helping for what you could.

0 Kudos
Methodicalize
Channel Surfer

I figured it out bud, so you goto Xfinity Stream then "Live TV" and scroll down.
Free premium movies without ads are there.

0 Kudos
zeynmalik

Finding all available movies can be a fun and rewarding task, and there are several ways to go about it. Here are a few methods you can use to discover a wide range of movies:

• Subscribe to popular streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max. These services offer vast libraries of movies and TV shows that you can browse and watch.
    • Visit movie databases like IMDb (Internet Movie Database)  TMDb (The Movie Database), or Rotten Tomatoes. These websites provide extensive lists of movies, including user ratings, reviews, and detailed information about each film.
    • Follow movie-related accounts and hashtags on social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit. You can also ask friends and family for movie recommendations.

Hope it's help you to know more it batter. Thanks You

0 Kudos

You likely accessed a hidden Roku Channel movie database while browsing "Free Premium Movies without Ads." This section sometimes hides its full library, only displaying a limited selection. To access the complete 2,200+ movie archive, try searching directly through the Roku Search bar using keywords like "Free Movies" or "2,200 Movies" to see if it triggers the hidden library again. Alternatively, explore the "Channels" section and look for any unfamiliar channel named similarly to "Free Premium Movies" or "Movie Archive." Remember, these hidden channels might not be readily visible, so persistent searching is key.

0 Kudos
jackdavid09
Reel Rookie

It's awesome that you found a huge collection of movies on your Roku TV! Discovering a list with over 2,200 titles must have been really exciting.

Usually, Roku only shows around 40 titles at a time, but it sounds like you stumbled upon something special. While I can't give you an exact way to find that list again, you could try exploring different sections or using the search function with keywords like "Free Premium Movies" or "Ads-Free".

If you still can't find it, reaching out to Roku's customer support might help.

Hope you find those movies again soon! Happy streaming! 🍿📺

0 Kudos