Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissyMae68
Level 7

How to correct which HDMI goes to which device after TV set up completed

While trying to troubleshoot picture problems I chose to do a factory reset on my TCL 6 series Roku TV.  I mixed up which device is hooked up to which HDMI port so the TV wasn't able to recognize that the devices were on.

PLEASE, please, tell me there is a way to correct this WITHOUT repeating the factory reset.

I have tried the "set up new device or remote" in Roku settings but that evidently is only for ROKU branded devices. I have also tried cycling the devices power off then back on.  My devices are Direct TV, Sony surround sound, and Sony Blu Ray player. The only one working is the Direct TV.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: How to correct which HDMI goes to which device after TV set up completed

It doesn't matter which HDMI port is used for which device. If the connected device isn't recognized, you can go into the TV's settings menu and under TV inputs you can see the ports that are labeled as unused. Highlight the port you want to activate and select Set up input. Your devices should now be available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos