Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denise3

Re: How to connect my Wii system to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello. I have a Roku and a Wii system. To connect the Wii system to your Roku:

First have your TV on, have your Wii system on.

1. With your Roku remote. 

2. Scroll down  to settings under Streaming channels, select.

3. Go to TV inputs, select.

4. Go to AV, select.

Your TV should recognize the Wii system.

Hopefully this was helpful. Have fun! 

Deniese

APC2020
Reel Rookie

How to connect Nintendo Wii to TCL Roku 43S423 TV

Jump to solution

How do I connect my Nintendo Wii to my TCL Roku 43S423 TV when there is only 1 AV input port?

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The TV should have come with a small adapter cable that splits the mini-jack to the 3 RCA connectors for an AV input.

APC2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. If my TV came with this attachment, I do not have it. I will have to purchase one

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: How to connect Nintendo Wii to TCL Roku 43S423 TV

Jump to solution

@APC2020 wrote:

Thanks for your response. If my TV came with this attachment, I do not have it. I will have to purchase one

Google your television model, and go to that TCL page where you'll find a download for the user manual. It shows the AV cable adapter the tv comes with. It's three RCA plugs to what looks like a small 3mm(?) headphone type of jack. I'm unclear on this stuff because sometimes those RCA jacks are "composite" video. I don't know if your Wii has composite or AV (video + R&L audio). Sometimes the composite video jacks are dual-purposed to also function as AV jacks. It's confusing.

There's also converters available which will convert AV to HDMI, or composite to AV or HDMI. You should be able to get something to work.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
kaman
Reel Rookie

Re: How to connect Nintendo Wii to TCL Roku 43S423 TV

Jump to solution

I have an old wii, and tcl roku 55S535 tv.

I buy the AV Component Adapter Cable (convert 3 RCA to AV Input ) like: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/304026204521

But it still not working.  The TV said there is NO AV signal.

CANuser

Re: Connecting Wii to TCL 65" Roku TV

Jump to solution

As far as i know, there are TWO KINDS of AV to RCA adapters, and they look exactly alike, but they have inverse polarity.

For your TCL TV, you should write your inquiery in Amazon/ebay/etc. search engine : "TCL AV to RCA adapter".

The one i bought works perfect with my TCL 65S535. But it is specified in its description that it is NOT COMPATIBLE with Sony or Samsung TV.

Anyways, the best way to connect a Wii to modern TVs is through a "Wii 2 HDMI adapter". The image looks better and its only drawback seems to be that sometime it gets confused when you play some Virtual Console game channels (but it still works perfect with homebrew).

And don't forget to activate Game mode in Display settings (lower latency), it really does make a difference.

APC2020
Reel Rookie

Re: Connecting Wii to TCL 65" Roku TV

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Dakota16

Help! Cannot connect to Wii!

Jump to solution

Help!!! I am trying to connect an original wii system to my TCL Roku tv. I got the wii to hdmi converter but the signal isn't being picked up. The TV always says "no signal (is it on)" when I go to the input. Normally I'm the one helping others with these problems! Please help me! I am so frustrated! None of the other questions people have asked have helped when I've gone through them either! 

0 Kudos