Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bc1
Level 7

How to connect a wii to a roku

Hi! 

I am trying to connect an original Wii to a 55 inch roku TCL tv. I think I need a converter/adapter for the red yellow, and white cords, but I am also wondering where to then plug that into. Would it go into an HDMI? Thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kathee
Level 7

Re: How to connect a wii to a roku

I tried the converter/adapter and it still didn't work.  Kept getting message it couldn't find and asking if my device was on even though it was.  So frustrated right now.  I have a TLC Roku S series.

0 Kudos
Kathy36
Level 7

Was this issue resolved?   I am trying to connect a new TCL Roku tv to a Wii and it doesn’t find the signal.  We have the av cords connected to an adapter that plugs into the tv.  Works on other TVs, but not this one.  Ideas? 

Visitor45763
Level 10

I would try home>settings>tv inputs>hdmi mode? Also, one of my three HDMI connections is "ARC." I would try one of the other connections (and try the two modes).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Johnpeloubet123
Level 7

Setup free Netflix IDQXM05N055920 [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Johnpeloubet123 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DA2018
Level 7

There’s no yellow, red, or white adapters to plug into the Roku tv so how are you supposed to play the wii if you can’t even hook it up to the tv????    

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 10

@DA2018 wrote:

There’s no yellow, red, or white adapters to plug into the Roku tv so how are you supposed to play the wii if you can’t even hook it up to the tv????    

Which brand & model tv do you have? (Sorry if you already mentioned this.). My TCL TVs came with an "AV input cable connector." Googling my model numbers produce a TCL product page where I can see the manual that came with the tv, and the manual shows the connector (3 RCA jacks that combine into something similar to headphone jack.). But, your tv may not have that.

You can buy an inexpensive RCA to HDMI converter. I don't know anything about these. I think someone (in this thread or another) said they couldn't get one to work. There could be compatibility issues. The converters on Amazon have good reviews. One might work.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Athena16
Level 7

Having this issue now. I bought a converter and still no signal. Did you figure it out?

0 Kudos
Ivi2331
Level 7

Did you figured it out ? I'm trying it right now 

0 Kudos