Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTeriffic
Reel Rookie

Re: How to connect a Roku TV to a receiver using HDMI cable

I'm through with Dish Network and want to connect a ROKU Express 4K+ to a Yamaha 665V and VIZIO D650iB-2 television. I'm not a Tech so a simple explanation would suffice and a schematic diagram would be perfect. Thanks, William. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Connect surround sound to your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rembury

I have a Yamaha RX-4663 receiver and a sharp roku 5218 tvs and I can't get my receiver to play tv sound. I have it connected to HDMI ARC on the tv to HDMI out on the back of my receiver. Can someone assist me with this please?

0 Kudos
waterforded
Reel Rookie

Here is what I did. All I know is that it works. My receiver is a Yamaha fix-v373. 

i run an hdmi cable from the Roku to the hdmi1 slot on the tv. I run a cable from the tv’s hdmi2 to the receivers hdmi1. I solved the sound issue by running an optical cable from the tv to the receiver’s  optical port.

On the TV, set the sound to the receiver.

0 Kudos
blueoak

Re: How to connect a Roku TV to a receiver using HDMI cable -- solved!

Yes!  3 hours of fiddling.  Yamaha RX V-673 AV receiver / TCL Roku TV 49S517.  While everything was powered up, I disconnected my two HDMI sources (OPPO bluray and Raspberry Pi) from the receiver and the "Search for CEC devices" option on the TCL finally (and immediately) detected the Yamaha.  ARC works fine.  Thanks for your post.  I owe you a bottle of your favorite libation.

0 Kudos