Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidHeart
Channel Surfer

Re: How to connect a Roku TV to a receiver using HDMI cable

Congrats.  HDMI control = CEC (consumer electronics control) handshake.  How's the lip sync?

0 Kudos
dbmcgrath
Reel Rookie

Connecting an RX-810 to a Roku ##TCL 3-series. Was successful at getting sound through receiver to in-ceiling speakers BUT only the TV background sound?! The vocals sounds did not play.

Volume was cranked wayyyy up and wayyyyy down.

Any ideas?!?!

0 Kudos
waterforded
Reel Rookie

I did everything you did but no sound. Then I plugged in an optical cable and the sound was perfect.

0 Kudos
Ulijimroth
Reel Rookie

I've got a Hisense Roku TV 65 in 4K TV I've got a stereo receiver a pyle stereo receiver Amazon representative told me it would work with my Roku TV it did not work I've tried everything I can hook up to it what receiver will work on Roku TVs it's a simple question I want to know I've got four $600 speakers just sitting here collecting dust

0 Kudos
fitzmung
Reel Rookie

I have a Yamaha. That is what I finally got to work?  

0 Kudos
dbmcgrath
Reel Rookie

@JJ4049 wrote:

Ok, I figured out the issue.  I needed to have the receiver set up to HDMI control.  Now sound comes through for everything.

@JJ4049 

What setting did you adjust on the receiver for HDMI control?

0 Kudos
Filldirt7

After 2 days I give  up , just  connected  optical, wasted money on 2 high speed cables!!!!

0 Kudos
XiangLi
Channel Surfer

I tried four ways to connect the Roku TV to YAMAHA, no way to make it work.

It is a very bad design.

0 Kudos
gcolvin1

Having the same issue and that downgrade suggestion also did not work.    It seems like it has to be on the TCL Roku Tv side.    Maybe there is a download patch to upgrade this issue so that it is compatible with Yamaha receivers.      I now have two TCL monitors connected to Yamaha stereos (Master Bedroom & family room) and neither are connected to sound yet.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gcolvin1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you connecting the AVRs to your Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos