Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCL401

Re: How to connect a Roku TV to a receiver using HDMI cable

TCL43S525 &YHT4950U
Did everything till no Sound from rcvr. Then, along with HDMI ARC (TV), I connected another HDMI cable between them and searched for the CEC device on tv. Voila.. connection success. Now, I disconnected the extra HDMI cable and restarted the TV, Settings>System>Power>Restart.

All good! Hope it helps. One cable connection works. 🙂

0 Kudos
sandyw13
Reel Rookie

Delayed info, tv didn't work with sound properly for too long, used suggested idea of getting an adapter, we purchased an hdmi/av adapter from Amazon, once attached, and adjusted everything works great.

0 Kudos
alexofc69

I just bought a new receiver Yamaha RX-V385 and hooked up to my TCL 50 inch (bought 2018). I cant get any of the other HDMI inputs working except for 1. I have ARC connected and enabled via the receiver. My first question is how should my Comcast set box (x15) be connected? The setbox has an HDMI in and out. I have it running to the the receiver to HDMI 1 and I have great sound. Or should it go to the TV as you only need the ARC cable in reality?  I made settings changes so now the cable and roku remote will adjust the receiver volume and power it down with the whole system. My issue is if I want to want to watch any of the Roku apps via TV how do I get sound to receiver?? I have a cable connected HDMI3 from TV to receiver, but no dice on the audio. Im frustrated and getting ready to try optical. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

0 Kudos
bhoyo68
Channel Surfer

Hi,

Make sure and check that the HDMI inputs on the TV are on 2.0 and not 1.4.

And make sure you are using proper HDMI cables.

0 Kudos
fitzmung
Reel Rookie

Thanks to Buzz424 for.that setting. Mine was selected but I unselected and resecelected.again and it did the trick!

0 Kudos
Mick3457

I have a Yamaha RX-V363 reciever and can't get my TCL 4K Roku tv to play through it.  Any help?

0 Kudos
Kelz22
Reel Rookie

I hope you are still active on this @apodtele I really hope you are still active in the community. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm. Using an Onkyo TXNR626 and Sharp Roku TV paired with HK 16QT

0 Kudos
DavidHeart
Channel Surfer

@Mick3457:  Much head banging getting my TCL R635 to play audio through a RX-V383.  Secret sauce was getting a CEC handshake between the two, then everything sync'd right up.

0 Kudos
JJ4049
Reel Rookie

thanks for your advice but it did not work.  The only time I get sound from my surround sound speakers is while I have the Direct TV box on.  The problem is that the only sound I get is from Direct tv box and when I switch to an app on the tv like Disney channel, we don't get any sound from the Disney channel but we still get the direct tv sound.  Appreciate any thoughts you might have on this subject.

0 Kudos
JJ4049
Reel Rookie

Ok, I figured out the issue.  I needed to have the receiver set up to HDMI control.  Now sound comes through for everything.

0 Kudos