Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to Stop roku tv to open automatically after i click my android roku app?

for my tcl roku tv

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: How to Stop roku tv to open automatically after i click my android roku app?

What you do mean by open? Are you saying that if you open the Roku app on your phone, the TV turns itself on? The Roku app on my iPhone doesn't do that, but the app might work differently on different devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to Stop roku tv to open automatically after i click my android roku app?

yes, when i open the Roku app on my moto g7 android phone, the TV always turns itself on. [but i don't want that TV auto-turn on function]

but if i use my iphone 8 roku app then it won't. [i even tried to turn off/on fast tv start but didn't help...]

please help further if you or anyone could? thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@eddyhung8 wrote:

yes, when i open the Roku app on my moto g7 android phone, the TV always turns itself on. [but i don't want that TV auto-turn on function]

but if i use my iphone 8 roku app then it won't. [i even tried to turn off/on fast tv start but didn't help...]

please help further if you or anyone could? thanks a lot.

It must be something specific to the Android app, and I have no way of testing that. As you noted, the app on my iPhone XR doesn't behave that way. I switched the app between different Roku devices on my network, and unless I attempted to actually do something with a Roku (cast a video or control the player) nothing happens. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos