Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

How do i know my 50” Roku HDR TV is 4K?

Jump to solution

Hello can someone help me figure this out? I ordered this TV online from Best Buy and it showed it was a 50” 4k HDR SMART TV and i just wanna know is it truly 4k and if theres a way to find out i know the HDR works because i use it all the time with my PS4 console but what about 4K? How would i find/figure that out? Please Help!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: How do i know my 50” Roku HDR TV is 4K?

Jump to solution

Hi @SH8D3

Thank you for the inquiry!

If your 50" Roku HDR TV is 4K, it should have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, which is four times the resolution of a standard 1080p high-definition TV.

To confirm whether your TV is 4K, you can try the following steps:

• Check the specifications: Look for the specifications of your TV, either on the manufacturer's website or in the user manual. The specification should state the TV's resolution as 3840 x 2160 pixels.
  • Check the settings: If you're unsure of the TV's resolution, you can check the display settings on your TV. Go to the TV settings and look for the display or picture options. The settings should display the TV's resolution, and if it's 4K, it should show a resolution of 3840 x 2160.
  • Check the model number: You can check the model number of your TV and look it up online to confirm whether it is a 4K TV. Most 4K TVs will have "4K" or "UHD" in the model name or number.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What brand of Roku TV did you buy? PS5s support HDR, but not PS4.

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

PS4 do support HDR older model PS4s dont but the new ones do and its a TLC 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Only the Playstation 4 pro supports 4k.

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I understand that but how do i know my TV supports it?

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can stream content that is from Netflix, amazon prime or any thing from Disney plus is 4k.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SH8D3

Thank you for the inquiry!

If your 50" Roku HDR TV is 4K, it should have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, which is four times the resolution of a standard 1080p high-definition TV.

To confirm whether your TV is 4K, you can try the following steps:

• Check the specifications: Look for the specifications of your TV, either on the manufacturer's website or in the user manual. The specification should state the TV's resolution as 3840 x 2160 pixels.
  • Check the settings: If you're unsure of the TV's resolution, you can check the display settings on your TV. Go to the TV settings and look for the display or picture options. The settings should display the TV's resolution, and if it's 4K, it should show a resolution of 3840 x 2160.
  • Check the model number: You can check the model number of your TV and look it up online to confirm whether it is a 4K TV. Most 4K TVs will have "4K" or "UHD" in the model name or number.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
SH8D3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I threw away the box along with the manual

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SH8D3

Thanks for following up. 

To clarify, are trying to confirm if your Roku TV support 4K? Would you mind giving us more details regarding your concern? 

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos